No announcement yet.

Testosterone Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just west of DFW airport, but I highly recommend Dr. Brian Proctor at McKinney family medicine. It's a drive, but he is well versed in TRT, won't hesitate to prescribe the right amount of test and monitors E2 via blood work and proper medication. As previously mentioned, E2 (estradiol) can be extremely harmful to males and counter productive to TRT. Proctor also monitors your PSA, blood levels and a couple of other indicators that can be indicative of problems with TRT.

A lot of docs have zero knowledge about TRT other than here's a script, let me bill you. Proctor used to put on clinics for other docs about TRT.

The clinic will send your lab authorization to anywhere that is convenient to you, saving a round trip. For me, making the trek over twice a year (about 35 minutes off peak) is well worth the effort given the insight and expertise Proctor provides. FWIW

Comment

Make sure you get a PSA test! FIRST

Comment

I'm looking for recommendations for a physician in Beaumont. Tx.

Comment

Glad you bumped this thread up! I went for routine bloodwork and ask Dr. to check my test levels too. I don't have any of the typical low test symptoms at all other than poor sleep habits. My buddy is taking injections so that is really the only thing that triggered me to ask the Dr to check it. Test level was 186! Researching options now!

Comment

I used Royal Men's Medical. For $150/mo, they send you for a physical and labs then you consult with the doc and start receiving your stuff via UPS. My wife injected the T in my hip and I did the other one in my thigh. Just remember to give blood every 8 weeks or your blood will thicken up and dramatically effect how you feel and increase the possibility of stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
              I used Royal Men's Medical. For $150/mo, they send you for a physical and labs then you consult with the doc and start receiving your stuff via UPS. My wife injected the T in my hip and I did the other one in my thigh. Just remember to give blood every 8 weeks or your blood will thicken up and dramatically effect how you feel and increase the possibility of stroke.
              Not exactly…….
              Most people taking an HRT dose of exogenous testosterone will not have any issues with this. The thickening of your blood is from increased hematocrit levels.
              You should be getting bloods/labs done every 3 months anyway. If you get a set back and your hematocrit is high, give some blood. But we don’t need to say that if you take HRT = your blood will thicken. That’s simply not true. There is a plethora of misinformation in this thread already.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                Not exactly…….
                Most people taking an HRT dose of exogenous testosterone will not have any issues with this. The thickening of your blood is from increased hematocrit levels.
                You should be getting bloods/labs done every 3 months anyway. If you get a set back and your hematocrit is high, give some blood. But we don’t need to say that if you take HRT = your blood will thicken. That’s simply not true. There is a plethora of misinformation in this thread already.
                Exactly- for example: I have orders to donate every 3 weeks based on my hematocrit. I can make it to 4 weeks, but my hematocrit gets close to 55. Everyone is different and it's not mandatory to donate. Donations are based on your hematocrit results.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                  Exactly- for example: I have orders to donate every 3 weeks based on my hematocrit. I can make it to 4 weeks, but my hematocrit gets close to 55. Everyone is different and it's not mandatory to donate. Donations are based on your hematocrit results.
                  I’m always curious to get peoples opinions on this particular subject. Can you tell a difference in how you feel on week 1 vs week 4? Some say they can. Others can’t tell any difference at all. They just know it’s probably high so they donate.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                    I’m always curious to get peoples opinions on this particular subject. Can you tell a difference in how you feel on week 1 vs week 4? Some say they can. Others can’t tell any difference at all. They just know it’s probably high so they donate.
                    I don't feel any different, however, on week 4, my wife makes me sleep in the guest room because my snoring gets really bad. I'm not sure why, but she says it's horrible.

Comment

Testosterone Therapy

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post

You’re going to crash your Iron and Ferritin and feel like absolute dog crap. Anyone that would write you a script to donate every three weeks is clueless. I would run from whoever that doctor is. If you continue, you’re in for a rough ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a PSA test before you start!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkS View Post
                          You’re going to crash your Iron and Ferritin and feel like absolute dog crap. Anyone that would write you a script to donate every three weeks is clueless. I would run from whoever that doctor is. If you continue, you’re in for a rough ride.

Thanks for the advice. I'm keeping a close eye on my numbers, and I don't need to donate every 3 weeks. The script says I Can if needed. I've been doing TRT for over a year now, and have yet to crash anything.

Comment

My husband and I both do HRT. Definitely life changing! I’ve been getting bioidentical pellets for about 6 yrs (I’m 51 now.) I get testosterone and estradiol pellets implanted every 3-4 months by my PCP and take oral progesterone every night. My husband has been taking testosterone cypionate for the past 4yrs (now 57.) I give him a T injection once a week and he gives blood every 3-4 months. Zero complications for me and only one for him was when he went a year without giving blood. Our health insurance pays for his testosterone with a $10 copay. They won’t pay for my pellets however and that costs me $900-1200/yr. We’ll worth it though!

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                              This may get lost in the mega-thread but I'm wondering if anyone here has used one of the online clinics where they mail a blood test kit to you and ship your injections after online doctor consultation?

I know my levels from two recent physicals and primary doc sure won't do anything for me based on tests well "in range" but I'm so dang tired by 4pm I'm ready to try anything. Not driving close to an hour to the closest clinic though.
                              I would be skeptical of the online consultation just as I am the feedback you got from your primary doc. The reason for this is, in spite of the fact that your lab values fall within the range of “normal,” this is no indication that this value is “normal” for you. Lab values are only useful as an adjunct to a clinical (I.e., in person) evaluation in order to determine the correct diagnosis.

My advice? Call or ask around for a doctor (urologist and gyno are good suggestions) who comes highly recommended and make an appointment. You may have to go out of your way to see a good one, but this is a quality of life issue and worth any extra effort you may have to put forth.

Comment

Any urologist recommendations in the Houston/Cypress area?

Comment

Working...
                                X