No announcement yet.

Armadillo Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2x12's leading into a live trap if you have a trap. Will funnel him right into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
      They sell a trap called "the armadillo trap". Works great and no bait required. I wouldn't buy one for one or two armadillo though. I have caught 43 in the past year in my yard without trying to hard.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      These work well. I lost count of how many I've caught with mine and only used it for a few months. They sell scented and unscented. Once you catch your first one with an unscented trap, it's then scented. Wasn't worth the extra $50 to me.

Comment

Shiska Bob comes to mind!!

Comment

Gopher Gasser

Comment

My great grandmother would see where one rooted in her yard.

Take her a good nap and stay up all night watching TV and waiting on it to show up.

She was tough on them with a single shot .410

I saw one the other night when I let the dogs out, been watching for him to screw up and let me see him again

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
              2x12's leading into a live trap if you have a trap. Will funnel him right into it.
              This works every time.

Comment

Thanks for all the information/experiences folks. I will try one of these soon.

Comment

Had a family of possums living in the flex hose leading from my downspout underneath the flowerbed. Dropped some armadillo kryptonite (aka mothballs) in there and they self evicted!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
                    They sell a trap called "the armadillo trap". Works great and no bait required. I wouldn't buy one for one or two armadillo though. I have caught 43 in the past year in my yard without trying to hard.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                    You might want to spray paint a number on them so you know you’re not catching the same one over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                      You might want to spray paint a number on them so you know you’re not catching the same one over and over.
                      Not sure about Joe, but I sprayed mine with something that made very sure I didn't catch them again.

Comment

Believe me if I catch him no number required.

Comment

I built a trap like post #4 shows and have caught probably 50 in the past 5 years although it has slowed down greatly.

When I was in the lawn business, I dealt with my customer armadillo problems by putting a lighted road flare down the hole and filling it in. Burns up all the oxygen and they go to sleep in their grave. If the hole is reopened it shows they weren't in the hole when the flare was put in, so I re-do it.

Comment

you might find a taxidermist that will buy them from you... Dolla Dolla bills Yo

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryNerd View Post
                              you might find a taxidermist that will buy them from you... Dolla Dolla bills Yo
                              They pay $2.50 down in Halletsville

Comment

Good opportunity for some fresh BBQ possum on the half shell.
                                Tastes like chicken

Comment

Working...
                                X