Different Type of Hog Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
    It looks like a great idea. I trying to determine what you get for $1500. If it is just the netting and some cinch straps then it is over priced. Very cool idea, but I believe they came in way to high. At 500 or 750 they prob would double or triple their sales. and still be making money.
    I was looking at the HD netting and that stuff pretty is expensive. 100' x 10' with rope webbing edges was almost $500, but you could DIY for 550-750.
    Last edited by BrianL; 12-09-2020, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney Tatonka View Post
      We ordered one. The Professional model. Has guards for tusks, a top, etc. Watch some of the videos they have, there are some big hogs in the traps. An employee of the company even called to confirm our soil type, and what T Posts we should use. So far, an excellent experience. Once we get it set up and going, I will report back with pics on how well it works or doesnt work.
      Well does it work?

Comment

I’d recommend staying in your truck till you’ve dispatched all the larger swine lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
          I’d recommend staying in your truck till you’ve dispatched all the larger swine lol

Words of wisdom.

Comment

Might be effective, but ridiculously overpriced for just some netting.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post

C’mon man, where’s your sportin’ blood ?

Comment

In for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  C’mon man, where’s your sportin’ blood ?

That was a looong 20 years ago [emoji28]

Comment

Any Luck?

We ordered one. The Professional model. Has guards for tusks, a top, etc. Watch some of the videos they have, there are some big hogs in the traps. An employee of the company even called to confirm our soil type, and what T Posts we should use. So far, an excellent experience. Once we get it set up and going, I will report back with pics on how well it works or doesnt work.
                    Update

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
                      Update
                      We got it in, but I havent had a chance to get back to the ranch yet to set it up. My son is a HS Varsity basketball player, and Ive been following him around like crazy for his senior year trying to capture those last memories. We will end in a few weeks and then my time will free up and I'll get it installed.

Sorry for the delay.

Comment

In for the update

Comment

Very cool, but I'd have to see how it stood up to some of the East Tx boars.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here you go boys, brand new netting with rope tied in edging 10' X 100'. All you need to complete is a few t-posts and ratchet straps and stakes... Net is under $500... Somebody needs to build one of these!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	hog netting.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	24641463

Comment

Neat idea! Works just like a quail, er, I mean minnow trap.

Comment

I'm bringing this back to the top. Any updates on durability and how well it works? Has anyone built one like Saltwaterslick suggested using batting cage material?

Comment

Working...
                                X