Interesting Animal Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Animal Behavior

I've always found it interesting to watch animal behavior, and how you can tell at times, that they are reasoning things out.

I just watched a hawk hit a chunk of wood about the size of a tennis ball (guess he thought it was a toad or something), and get it stuck on the talons of his left foot. He fussed, and fought with it there on the ground for a while, but couldn't get it loose.

He stood there looking around, then suddenly flew up, and perched with his free foot on the pipe rail of the back yard fence.

Three or four hard whacks of the left foot/chunk of wood on that rail, and he was free.

You may not find this interesting, but I sure did. Wish I had caught it on video. It was pretty cool to watch.

Rick

Makes you wonder.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting to say the least
      Video would’ve been cool

Comment

They make their living in the wild with the tools God gave them, not the least of all is their intelligence. You were lucky to have witnessed that !

Comment

sometimes you just got to wonder!

Comment

That would be interesting to watch.

Comment

That was interesting to watch. Since retirement I too have become very interested in wildlife activities and their reactions. I now understand the meaning of the old saying slow down and enjoy life.

Comment

Glad you got to see that. Years ago when I was in Highschool we had a pair of Red Tail hawks nest in the same tree in the pasture for 4 years. Was cool to watch them and they got accustom to us being around.

Watched one that got about a 2.5 foot cottonmouth that was swimming across the tank, it took it to a large corner post, killed it and ate about a foot off and left that and the head there and flew off to the nest with the rest.

Comment

That would be cool to see.

Last year during deer season I watched a hawk nab a pigeon for dinner one afternoon while hunting at the house.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Had a redtail hawk nail a duck decoy once. It made a bunch of noise, circled and dove at it a couple more times before flying off still making a racket.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Smarter than most voters. I love watching wildlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Smarter than most voters. I love watching wildlife.
                        That's because most voters don't actuay exist these days[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a Hawk hit my fletching in quiver within a foot of me while sitting in climber...Made me Quiver!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X