Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    Strange....what kind of vehicle?

2021 Tundra. The discount that is local and fixed it ultimately both times said Toyota’s and Lexus’s can be tricky so they are careful with them. One of the other locations said the only issues they see are dodge trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by riverbowman View Post
      I've had one bad experience in 30 years of buying all my tires there. They made it right as soon as they realized I wasn't happy.
      Are you the old lady from the commercial?

Comment

I just recently had an excellent experience with a Discount Tire in Victoria. They repaired a problem with my new wheels and tires that were bought and installed somewhere else. My new wheels had two valve stem locations. One on the inside of the rim, and one on the outside of the rim. Unfortunately, the valve stem inside the rim barely touched my brake caliper (unbeknownst to me), so on a trip out of town it cracked and my tire immediately went flat in the middle of nowhere.
        I was 30 minutes from Victoria, so I went there on the spare and looked for the closest Discount Tire. They had to break the tire down move the TPMS to the other valve stem and put in a new valve stem in upside down to resolve the problem. They did all of that for no charge and wished me well. I should have went there originally. I suspect they would have caught the problem and I would not have had to spend time broke down on the side of the road.

Comment

I learned something new about their employment practices. They love promoting from within. They have several people who now work 6 figure jobs and started out busting tires. Apparently if you are in it for the long haul. They are as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDucks View Post
            2021 Tundra. The discount that is local and fixed it ultimately both times said Toyota’s and Lexus’s can be tricky so they are careful with them. One of the other locations said the only issues they see are dodge trucks.

That’s weird. I had a battery go dead in one of mine on my 2014 tundra and they swapped it in 30 minutes with one of theirs and never had a problem with it.

Comment

I have an old Toyota pickup. Finally found a factory rim and spare tire on two separate deals. It needed a spare. Pulled into the on Naco in San Antonio. They dropped the old spare. Swapped it and had me on my way. Didn’t buy either there... they said “ don’t worry about it have a good one “. Balanced it also. Always been great in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                I sure wish a tire rotation did not take an hour and a half minimum.
                Ha! That's why I go straight to my local guy. Shopping around and waiting forever is not my thang. Also nice to know if I'm at work and something happens with the wife or kids they will take care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                  I'm a fool.

Couple of bad experiences with them and I'm done. Have a local shop that does me right.
                  Here too.
                  And I'll give my go to shop a shout out, Cowset tire in north Fort Worth.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stickfigure View Post
                    I just recently had an excellent experience with a Discount Tire in Victoria. They repaired a problem with my new wheels and tires that were bought and installed somewhere else. My new wheels had two valve stem locations. One on the inside of the rim, and one on the outside of the rim. Unfortunately, the valve stem inside the rim barely touched my brake caliper (unbeknownst to me), so on a trip out of town it cracked and my tire immediately went flat in the middle of nowhere.
                    I was 30 minutes from Victoria, so I went there on the spare and looked for the closest Discount Tire. They had to break the tire down move the TPMS to the other valve stem and put in a new valve stem in upside down to resolve the problem. They did all of that for no charge and wished me well. I should have went there originally. I suspect they would have caught the problem and I would not have had to spend time broke down on the side of the road.
                    That’s the store I trade with.

Comment

I love DT great service and I use their 6 months 0% credit card for all my vehicle and trailer tires

Comment

I generally have great experiences with Discount, but it varies from store to store. Unfortunately the wait times at the store I normally use are terrible. I don’t rotate my tires as often as I should because I simply don’t have half a day to commit to it.

I ran over a screw a couple of weeks ago and pulled into a Discount with ONE car in the whole shop. I watched up to four guys at a time socialize in the AC while it took just under two hours to fix the flat. Go figure.

I bought my most recent set of tires from Tirelink. THAT is customer service! Besides, I like supporting smaller family owned businesses. Rotation/balance is fast. I’m buying from them from now on.

Comment

bad experiences with DT a long time ago, haven't been back. Maybe they've changed somewhat.

Comment

Been a fan of them ..Great products, knowledgeable , good prices, they the BUCKies of tire business....Line is long but worth wait!!!!!!

Comment

i am always able to find the same tire cheaper elsewhere. I know they price match, but i prefer doing business w places that give me their best price from the start, rather than after they are called out.

Comment

Always great service.

Comment

Working...
                                X