This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
    No . . It didn't . . What does the directors cup have to do with CFB . . Your football team added zero value . .
    so the most valuable football program in the country added zero value? Money doesn't lie

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Been "on their way" for at least 20 years that I know of...
      more like on their way for at least 82 years... when was that last natty?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Been "on their way" for at least 20 years that I know of...
        Really since the Fedex years but who is counting...well except aggy who says in their lifetime and since "pick a year that fits their argument"...but aggy doesn't lie, cheat or steal or tolerate any that do so according to them the 80's and 90's don't count....

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
          Hard time with that one. I'll be the first to admit that we got lucky with Manziel lighting it up as we made our debut in the SEC but it takes a rare talent or a great coaching staff to win games. It takes both to win consistently. Right now we have a proven coach who is panning out alright entering year 4, some of the best facilities in college football and a heap of talent that suits the A&M program and SEC play. I would argue very much that last season was not irrelevant and Aggie football is trending upward. I have high hopes for this season but by no means and I guaranteeing a CC or NC, lots of games to be played between now and then.

Now, I am excited to see a rivalry game renewed and I believe the conference realignment and the reuniting of Texas/A&M is good for college football and especially Texas High School football recruits. The battleground is there and even though it has remained a head to head these last 9 years it will be a battle for recruits every year. The gold standard is Bama and the arguments here about Texas competing and all that are silly until someone dethrones Bama. Even Clemson and OSU haven't been able to do it consistently.

I just hope the SEC doesn't screw this up and let Texas and OU go and assuming they don't I hope they get the divisions/scheduling right because A&M/Texas need to play annually.

Saddle up Aggie, its gonna be fun...quit with the ****ing matches and remember actions speak louder than words. We gotta go win some meaningful games!

ac
          Excellant post, sir.

Good luck in the future.

As for last year, Texas was 7-3 with a bowl win. A 5 OT loss to OU and a loss to an Iowa State team that was pretty solid. Fumbled at the goal line because of a bone head play call against TCU. They aren"t that far off.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-29-2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Hard time with that one. I'll be the first to admit that we got lucky with Manziel lighting it up as we made our debut in the SEC but it takes a rare talent or a great coaching staff to win games. It takes both to win consistently. Right now we have a proven coach who is panning out alright entering year 4, some of the best facilities in college football and a heap of talent that suits the A&M program and SEC play. I would argue very much that last season was not irrelevant and Aggie football is trending upward. I have high hopes for this season but by no means and I guaranteeing a CC or NC, lots of games to be played between now and then.

Now, I am excited to see a rivalry game renewed and I believe the conference realignment and the reuniting of Texas/A&M is good for college football and especially Texas High School football recruits. The battleground is there and even though it has remained a head to head these last 9 years it will be a battle for recruits every year. The gold standard is Bama and the arguments here about Texas competing and all that are silly until someone dethrones Bama. Even Clemson and OSU haven't been able to do it consistently.

I just hope the SEC doesn't screw this up and let Texas and OU go and assuming they don't I hope they get the divisions/scheduling right because A&M/Texas need to play annually.

Saddle up Aggie, its gonna be fun...quit with the ****ing matches and remember actions speak louder than words. We gotta go win some meaningful games!

ac
            This guy gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              Excellant post, sir.

Good luck in the future.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              Agreed. I think what will be fun will be the renewed rivalry where it is settled on the field and not the keyboards. I sure hope they make the schedule so it is a yearly occurrence and not some one off game. As Agderc15 said, its good for the state, its good for the recruits.

Rising tide raises all ships...
              Last edited by lanceodom; 07-29-2021, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                  Really since the Fedex years but who is counting...well except aggy who says in their lifetime and since "pick a year that fits their argument"...but aggy doesn't lie, cheat or steal or tolerate any that do so according to them the 80's and 90's don't count....
                  80's - Aggies won 7/10 - including 6 straight

90's - Aggies won 6/10 - 4 straight for Ags,

00-11 Horns went 9/12 - Mack Brown had all the pieces put together - 6 straight wins

all in from 1980 - 2011 it's 16 each, Aggie/Horn is tied up

A few years after Title 9 things evened out and the two teams mostly traded 4-6 game win streaks back and forth.

Winsipedia - Database and infographics of Texas Longhorns vs. Texas A&M Aggies football series history and all-time records, national championships, conference championships, bowl games, wins, bowl record, All-Americans, Heisman winners, and NFL Draft picks

The fact is the all time record has nothing to do with what the future will hold. When the teams meet again on the field it will be a sports-hate filled game, but the recent history record isn't as lopsided as most think.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                    Agreed. I think what will be fun will be the renewed rivalry where it is settled on the field and not the keyboards. I sure hope they make the schedule so it is a yearly occurrence and not some one off game. As Agderc15 said, its good for the state, its good for the recruits.

Rising tide raises all ships...
                    These changes are all or at least mostly about $

There is now way the SEC is going to not make sure they meet up every year

Comment

its official !

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                        These changes are all or at least mostly about $

There is now way the SEC is going to not make sure they meet up every year
                        I think that is true. I am just hopeful we could have the game every year.

Comment

Never thought I’d hit the follow button.

What’s up my SEC brothers! JK [emoji23]

Comment

Official and Confirmed. The SEC has extended a membership invitation to Sooner and Horn.

Just announced on the newest horn and sooner fanboy must see tv. The Paul Finebaum show.

Third time in modern history the SEC has expanded.

BOB has also accepted the invitation to fill in for Squirrel from Bama on the Fbomb show when he is unavailable.
                            Last edited by Bayouboy; 07-29-2021, 03:38 PM.

Comment

ac
                              Waaay too much logic and reason in this post to be on this thread. Good work

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                                its official !
                                Amen!

Now we need to get that move done sooner than 2025. I am real curious to see where TCU, Tech and Baylor are going to land.
                                Last edited by lanceodom; 07-29-2021, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X