This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    The Big 12 is playing with fire, but this tells me they have very little hope of surviving. This was their final trump card and I’m not sure the end game it’s worth it.

Hopefully the Big 12 schools see this and go find good homes in the other Power 5 conferences.
    There are no homes for at least 5 of the ones left I would say, those eight together are stronger than the AAC and MWC combined, if they hold together they will have the pick of the best from both... and the exit money. Its in ESPN, OU and UT's best interest the conference dissolves.
    Last edited by SC-001; 07-29-2021, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
      There are no homes for at least 5 of the ones left I would say
      4, dependimg on ND

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
        4, dependimg on ND
        As long ESPN can't find landing spots for 5 of the remaining 8 to dissolve the conference the 8 will lock arms and cash in on the exit money, other than OU and UT nobody else in the Big 12 can afford the penalty for leaving early. Thats why your hearing the tortious interference claims. ND can do what they want and they know it, they will just wait until everything shakes out to decide what they do/where they go and pick the best option.
        Last edited by SC-001; 07-29-2021, 07:44 AM.

Comment

All i know is tu is gonna get crushed for the next 5 years at least

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

As long ESPN can't find landing spots for 5 of the remaining 8 to dissolve the conference the 8 will lock arms and cash in on the exit money, other than OU and UT nobody else in the Big 12 can afford the penalty for leaving early. Thats why your hearing the tortious interference claims. ND can do what they want and they know it, they will just wait until everything shakes out to decide what they do/where they go and pick the best option.

“For the exit fee of $160 million, those 8 universities will bite the hand that feeds them — then ask for another TV deal wherever they land.

I’m sure ESPN will forgive and forget.”

The simple math here is 20 million per team, but they wouldn’t even get all of it.

The buyout is cheap all things considered.
            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Last edited by Chad C; 07-29-2021, 07:58 AM.

Comment

There are no homes for at least 5 of the ones left I would say, those eight together are stronger than the AAC and MWC combined, if they hold together they will have the pick of the best from both... and the exit money. Its in ESPN, OU and UT's best interest the conference dissolves.
              If the move is to 4 Super Conferences of 16 teams each, the Big 10, PAC, and ACC will have to grab their teams from the Big 12. Outside of ND, BYU, the majority of the Big 12 is the best option for the conferences to expand.

If that is not the move, then yes a combination of the AAC / Big 12 seems like the best fit for the 8 teams to stick together and form a new league.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleGribble View Post
                They gonna face that SEC gauntlet?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

The only play the Big 12 has is getting these two to stay until 2025, that's not going to happen.

37 million per year turns into 9 million(ish) per year, like the Iowa State AD stated. Its the Mountain West without Texas/OU.

2022 will have a different look.
                  Last edited by Chad C; 07-29-2021, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Define crushed?

Finish with a .500 SEC conference record and middle of the pack of the division? Is that crushed?

Comment

Define crushed?

Finish with a .500 SEC conference record and middle of the pack of the division? Is that crushed?
                      Yes.

Comment

What kinds of problems do you guys see coming from NIL?

18 year old kids making millions

I see this getting out of control really fast

Comment

yes the sips will be below that the first 4 or 5 years they do not have the team or the coaching to compete righte now but they might be good after that

Define crushed?

Comment

Originally posted by narco1 View Post
                            What kinds of problems do you guys see coming from NIL?

18 year old kids making millions

I see this getting out of control really fast
                            yes

Comment

yes the sips will be below that the first 4 or 5 years they do not have the team or the coaching to compete righte now but they might be good after that
                              Texas is top 10 in talent in the country based on star ratings. #5 last season. Better than A&M. In case you didn't notice they have a brand new coaching staff full of ones they poached from the almighty SEC.

Since you obviously haven't read the thread...the SEC is top heavy. The middle and lower teams suck which is what makes up the bulk of your schedule. What Heath said is not gonna happen. By FPI peojections for this year OU would be #2 and Texas #5 in the SEC. Aggy #4.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-29-2021, 09:26 AM.

Comment

They are gonna at least gain one win per year without having to play TCU

Comment

Working...
                                X