No announcement yet.

Got Shingles any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like bowhuntntxn said, after seeing a couple of friends and family members have a miserable experience with it my wife and I both got the Shringrix vaccine.

Comment

I had chicken pox when i was a kid. Now 41. Going to check into the vaccine. Thanks for the posting about it, and sorry you’re going through it.

Comment

Get Valacyclovir. Get it now. It will dry that crap out.

Comment

Our family physician just recommended me and wife get shingles shot.mmmmm

Comment

I’m on an antiviral, oral steroid and gabbapetin for nerves. I have found Benadryl spray and Calladryl will knock the itch out a bit. I am concerned about the eye as I have a blister that is between my eye and nose.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
              Our family physician just recommended me and wife get shingles shot.mmmmm

Do it. Trust me! I told my wife if she shot me in the head it would hurt less than this crap.

Comment

I got the old vaccine as soon as I was old enough and the got the upgraded vaccine as soon as it came out. I seen a couple of relatives go through it.

Comment

I had the vaccine and still got it. Was on my right arm and I spent a fair amount of time with my arm in the freezer to calm the burning. Go to the doc and they will give you Valtrex or equivalent and in about a week you will be fine. Feel for ya as that stuff is horrible.

Comment

I was getting them in my chest after bouts of asthma and bronchitis. Usually while I was on steroids for the bronchitis. It would burn the insides of my chest. I would stay up days without sleep due to the pain. The doctor would offer me any type of pain medication I wanted. Once I learned how to keep control of my asthma and have not had to use steroids to knock bronchitis fire ups down the shingles have stayed at bay.
                    Be careful with the doctors suggestions on pain management.

I was told to wait until I’m 50 to get the shingles shot.

Comment

I had it when I was 20.

Comment

Guess I can Google this..... but, how old do you have to be to get the VX

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                          Guess I can Google this..... but, how old do you have to be to get the VX

I think around 50. I just turned 43

Comment

I watched my brother and uncle go thru the shingles. It convinced me to go get the vaccine. I hope like heck I don't get it.

Comment

I had it before the vaccine hit the market, all you can do is follow the Doc's orders. And get the Shingles vaccine

Comment

Originally posted by WBA2000 View Post
                                I think around 50. I just turned 43
                                Correct.

I couldn’t find anyone that would give it to me as I am not 50 yet, even though I had a case.

Comment

Working...
                                X