HB 1927 Passes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
    I fear that citizens will use deadly force when it isn’t justified and will find themselves charged with murder or agg assault w/deadly weapon even though they believe their intention was to help someone.

I don’t worry about the criminals carrying guns. As many have said, the criminals have guns and/or I assume anyone I contact has a gun until I know otherwise.

Also, I don’t know how many citizens are actually prepared to use a gun against another person. I wonder how many have actually drawn their concealed weapon and pointed it at another person. People have to be mentally prepared to say, “I’m going to kill that person”. It’s one thing to carry a gun, it’s quite another to use it against another person.

I just think some people that mean well may find themselves in situations they don’t know how to handle.
    Is this a problem on the many other states that have the same law?

Do you know how many folks carry a gun anyway? Lol

Comment

In the states that have adopted CC, the crime rates involving guns has decreased.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        Is this a problem on the many other states that have the same law?

Do you know how many folks carry a gun anyway? Lol
        Don’t know and nope

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
          I would not count on it being exempt from federal law if the federal law says otherwise.
          Dang brother, aren’t the pot growers exempt from federal drug laws?

Comment

I fear that citizens will use deadly force when it isn’t justified and will find themselves charged with murder or agg assault w/deadly weapon even though they believe their intention was to help someone.

I don’t worry about the criminals carrying guns. As many have said, the criminals have guns and/or I assume anyone I contact has a gun until I know otherwise.

Also, I don’t know how many citizens are actually prepared to use a gun against another person. I wonder how many have actually drawn their concealed weapon and pointed it at another person. People have to be mentally prepared to say, “I’m going to kill that person”. It’s one thing to carry a gun, it’s quite another to use it against another person.

I just think some people that mean well may find themselves in situations they don’t know how to handle.
            My opinion only: I think these are valid concerns and I see your point. I’ve been LTC for...gosh...20 years or so. Back then the class was required every fifth year I believe. The main thing the instructors and (typically) a DPS officer really focused on was when you should/shouldn’t use it and the ramifications of doing so, even when you’re 100% right. As you say, there must be regular mental situational practice on what situation will cause me to pull it and actually use it. They also mentioned the penal code and how it’s about “stopping” a situation/attack. Not ever about “kill”, though, in an extreme circumstance we can all readily imagine, the only way to “stop” someone is to take their life. For me, I pray I never, ever have to pull it. Ever. However, I carry often and should I feel innocent lives are in immediate danger that can’t wait in LEO, I will absolutely use it to defend/protect an innocent person and hopefully stop the aggressor.

I will also say my CHL/LTC got me out of two speeding tickets over the years thanks to the training they gave us on how to treat an LEO whether armed or not. In my own personal case, apparently that license and knowing the state and fed background checks were done plus be being super polite and by the book helped me avoid a citation. That and the quicker purchase of a firearm have made the LTC very worth it for me and I’ll continue to keep mine current.

I have no opinion on the actual bill passed as I haven’t read it.

Comment

More liberty is better but I'll bet posted signs are going to spring up like weeds following this.

Comment

With this new law does the gun have to be exposed and visible?

Comment

Lol and you think all this gets covered in a 4 hour online LTC class?? I took it, it was good info but mostly common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                    Texas leads again. Thank you state leaders.
                    Your not serious right?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Better to have the gun and be put in that position than to be in that position and not have that gun. The felons/criminals dont have to have a license to break the law, why should law abiding citizens have to have a license to protect themselves. Its been proven that with constitutional carry, crime rate falls.

Comment

I see your point and cannot disagree. I guess my main reason is that I know a lot of people that should not be carrying guns around. Non of them are criminals but some of them are just plain too dumb to be able to grasp a situation and act accordingly even with some training.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                          Lol and you think all this gets covered in a 4 hour online LTC class?? I took it, it was good info but mostly common sense.
                          Yup! I have taken the class twice. Second time to just get up to date with current law. The class is OK but not near comprehensive enough as there was no training at all on handling the pistol. I watched a woman go to the qualifying range after the last class and totally miss the target at 3 yards and still got passed.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            I see your point and cannot disagree. I guess my main reason is that I know a lot of people that should not be carrying guns around. Non of them are criminals but some of them are just plain too dumb to be able to grasp a situation and act accordingly even with some training.
                            Unfortunately, you cannot legislate away stupid. AND, you don't restrict everyone else's Constitutional right because of those same stupid people.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                              Texas leads again. Thank you state leaders.

Last I checked 21st place isn’t leading. We are wayyyyyy behind on this one.

Even liberal Bernie Sander’s state has had CC for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_g View Post
                                HB 957 is the one regarding Texas manufactured suppressors!
                                Where we at on this one?

Comment

Working...
                                X