General Plumbing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Plumbing Question

Im installing a ultility sink in my basement where I used to have my washer and dryer hooked up. Is using that water line okay?

Only reason I ask is becasue if I twist the valve full open it could fill a 5 gallon bucket in seconds because of how pressuriezed it must be. Cant find any answers online and the store in town will charge me money for asking general questions (yes I know ridiculous).

Thanks in advance, I am new to the plumbing game.
    -Jack
    Last edited by IOWA BOW HUNTER; 03-05-2021, 09:01 AM.

Unless the systems are crazy different in that part of the world it should be fine. If your worried about too much pressure just crack the valves open instead of all the way

Comment

No real help from me but that sounds like a crappy store in town if you ask me.

Comment

The washer box should be plumbed with 1/2 pipe, so the pressure should be the same, as it is, at the other faucets.

Comment

should be good. I'm no plumber but that's how I ran mine

Comment

The pressure in your house will be the same, regardless of where it is in your house. Pressure is measured pounds per square inch. It does not matter the size of pipe. Water pressure is set by the height of the water tower that serves your house. Water weighs .43 pounds per ft. If your house is 100 ft below water level in the tower you would have 43. Pounds of pressure.
            .43x 100. = 43.pounds
            Yes you will be ok using that supply line for water.
            Hope this helps

Comment

Washing machine valves ae different from sink/tub faucets. They have no restriction so you get more water from that valve. You will be fine. Chances are, if you install a faucet on you utility sink the flow will be reduced.

Comment

Working...
              X