12k# HF Winch Circuit Breaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12k# HF Winch Circuit Breaker?

I have a Harbor Freight Badlands 12K# winch that I'm wiring up for my truck. It will be in a removable receiver mount cradle and I have made cords with 1/0 wire and quick disconnects to run to the front and rear of the truck. The problem is that there is very little room under the hood of a 2019 F350 6.7 for auxiliary battery connections, so I was going to mount a self contained circuit breaker under the hood, then to a terminal block, on the side wall instead of using the long, unshielded circuit breaker that came with the winch. My question is which size do I need? 200 amp, 300 amp...? I can find no amperage reference anywhere in the winch manual. Help, electrical gurus.
    Attached Files

Approx 500 amp at full load.
    Attached Files

Comment

500 amps? So would I need something like this instead?
      Attached Files

Comment

I would use some king of resettable breaker and not a fuse link. I suspect you may trip the 500amp one if you bog it down hard.

If your not 100% sure call warn technical seriveces or something tell them your trying to wire up one of their 12K winches and see what they say.

Comment

I'm electronically challenged but Warn customer service has been very helpful for me in the past.

Comment

Working...
          X