Life Below Zero at Arrowsmith Farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life Below Zero at Arrowsmith Farm

We hope and pray everyone stays safe and warm in Texas these next few days.

I wanted to give you a little look at what we are experiencing here in SE Iowa. This is our 3rd winter since we moved up here from North Texas. This has been the coldest winter with the most snow since we moved here. It has been below zero multiple nights in a row lately. We never got above zero yesterday even though we had a beautiful clear day (after a snow shower in the morning).

We have had snow cover for over a month now and it's about 12-13 inches deep. This is unusual for this area. We are only 4 miles north of the Iowa/Missouri state line. Just a couple of hours south of us in Missouri there is little to no snow on the ground.

We will be praying for our friends in Texas to get thru this unprecedented cold weather safely.
    Click on the link for the video.

https://youtu.be/gqlep1GA9P4

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arrowsmith; 02-14-2021, 07:27 AM.

Stay warm brother, sometimes it takes dire situations to bring people closer together.

Comment

Lot of snow, stay warm.

Comment

Great stuff! I’m up in Zone 4 for ice fishing, coyote and rabbit hunting this week. Just in time for that cold mess to leave.

Comment

I do not envy you, Mike. This is why I live in Texas.

Stay safe and warm my friend.

Comment

That’s us COLD! Stay safe mike! Spring will be here soon...

Comment

[emoji106][emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Burrrrrr! And we thought it was going to get cold in Texas.

Comment

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Comment

Nope!

85 here today. I’d go out on the boat, but it’s a little too windy.

Tomorrow will be much nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                      Great stuff! I’m up in Zone 4 for ice fishing, coyote and rabbit hunting this week. Just in time for that cold mess to leave.
                      Come by anytime and visit. We are 4 miles west of Hwy.63 about 15 miles southwest of Bloomfield. We are here pretty much all the time. If you ever have a chance to come by PM me and I will send GPS coordinates to our gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                        Come by anytime and visit. We are 4 miles west of Hwy.63 about 15 miles southwest of Bloomfield. We are here pretty much all the time. If you ever have a chance to come by PM me and I will send GPS coordinates to our gate.
                        You mean the Covid hotbed?????!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                          You mean the Covid hotbed?????!!!!!!!!!
                          We are over it. I was done with quarantine Thursday. My wife will be done with quarantine tomorrow. The BAM IV infusion killed that crap.

Comment

That vid and those temps remind me of the winter I spent in ND Mike. From about Christmas until middle of February it never got above 10* in the daytime, and of course 10/15 below every night. Sometimes in the 20s below at night. Dangerous temps if you don’t pay attention. I carried two sleeping bags in my Bronco all winter long, plus a great big Hershey’s chocolate bar, a large candle and a big tin cup to melt snow for drinking water. I was glad I never had to use any of it !

Comment

Looks like a great place, to be snowed in......................

Comment

Working...
                              X