7.62 X 39 Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.62 X 39 Ammo

Found a bunch of 7.62 X 39 Ammo while cleaning out my Dad’s house. I don’t own one but considering I now have about 3,000 rounds, I’m thinking about buying one.

Jumped on Gun Broker and found a couple rifles that looked interesting. Nothing that blew my hair back.

Don’t have any first hand experience with this caliber either. I imagine it would kill pigs just as dead as my Grendel, but don’t really want another AR and have been thinking about getting Alamo to build a 6.5 PRC or 7-08 for me.

Thoughts?

Right now I’m leaning toward selling it all and using that money for the new build but open to suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone needs and sks or ak-47. I vote buy an AK personally or an AR variant made to run ak mags

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

pm sent

Comment

How much you asking per box? I could always use more ammo

Comment

Guns are way more affordable and able to be found than ammo is right now. If you change calibers...good luck finding what you need. A bird in hand...You know the rest. Keep the ammo, buy a gun.
          Go get yourself an AK or an SKS. You cannot go wrong with either of those two.
          The 7.62x39 has ballistics comparable to the 30/30 Winchester.

Comment

7.62 upper receiver group is my vote.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a good AK if you can find it..... and about 100 Pmags.

Comment

My CZ 527 in 7.62X39 will shoot almost any ammo very accurately if you like bolt guns it's a good choice.

Comment

The Grendel is this cartridge case necked down to 6.5 mm - which is why steel case Grendel ammo can be found (normal times) for $5/box.

Comment

If you have an AR, I would get an AR upper 7.62 x 39,, because it is a hog slayer. Ever since I got one if I see a hog it's dead. Most times I don't have to worry about finding a blood trail because they drop in their tracks.

Comment

Get an AK or SKS.
                      Both cool guns that will eat the stuff up and are fun to shoot.

Comment

I put AR 15's together in this caliber pretty regularly. Never have had many of the supposed issues, thank goodness. Use a good quality steel 5 or 10 round mag and the AR platform works great for this caliber.

Comment

Here’s what you need. The Galil Ace
                          Attached Files

Comment

Another vote to keep the ammo and get a gun. I’m absolutely in love with my PSA KS47

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I deer hunt with an upper in 7.62 x 39. Great deer gun.

Comment

Working...
                              X