academy rifle bought and they offered ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

academy rifle bought and they offered ammo

wife bought a .308, no ammo on shelves but they had it to sell with rifle purchase.....I have plenty so didn't need it. I guess they are holding some back for folks that buy guns.

Same here, bought a 10/22 a couple days ago and they sold me a brick of cci with it

Comment

I have seen several stores doing that

Comment

Yeah, a lot of the stores who sell guns are following the same practice, not just academy. Imagine if someone wanted to buy a rifle but there was literally zero ammo, why would they even bother?? Smart tactic in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
          Yeah, a lot of the stores who sell guns are following the same practice, not just academy. Imagine if someone wanted to buy a rifle but there was literally zero ammo, why would they even bother?? Smart tactic in my eyes.
          I agree

Comment

They better watch out, some commies will want the state to force them to sell it at a price that the buyer sees fit......

Comment

I was at a Academy in San Antonio on Thursday and a guy bought a little savage 22 for his daughter. When they were heading up to the cashier, the employee asked would you like some ammo and he offered him the 300 round cci swamp people pack. As soon as that happened and older man was cussing the employee saying how bad he needed ammo and this and that. Finally the manager came in and told the idiot, your here everyday we have ammo and buy it. The old man said I will take my business elsewhere. The manager told him ok, see you tomorrow.

Comment

Love the idea just don,t need any gun

Comment

I asked them if they did this when I bought my daughters 243 a couple of weeks ago and they said no. Oh well I found some at Bass Pro.

Comment

I've bought two guns from Academy the last month and for both, I had the chance to buy a box of ammo of my choice depending on what they had in the back. These were a 9mm and a 380. The 380 election sucked. 1 box of 25 JHPs.. Both stores told me they have one box of ammo for each gun they have in stock. Said it helps them sell guns to new folks

Comment

Cabelas is doing the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bass pro is doing the same. I started shooting the breeze with one of the managers one day. He asked me if I needed any ammo. I said well, I could use a box of 10mm. He went in the back and grabbed a box of HSM 200 grain in a 50 round box.

Comment

I bought a savage axis .270 last night and didn’t get offered crap. Haha

Comment

Working...
                          X