X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Ask me again when the trial is over.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Do you agree with the charge? I didn't expect it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
      Do you agree with the charge? I didn't expect it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Hard to say, just because that's the charge we have now, it doesn't mean that's what he ends up with. I knew it was going to be a grand jury case. The people in charge of all that present a case and a decision is made. Can that decision be swayed? I think so. If it goes to trial it's going to be the people in the box that decide an outcome.

Was it a mistake? Yes. Could it have been prevented? Yes. Is jail time gonna prove anything? No. Does he deserve it? If I was sitting on the GJ I would say no.

I'm willing to bet many here have done the same thing with a rifle. After that it was an unfortunate chain of events that came together.

Comment

I don’t understand how the public good is served by putting this young man in prison. If I were a family member of the person killed I might feel differently. The person who transported a loaded rifle is equally culpable.

Comment

very sad deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Charges were dismissed.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
              Charges were dismissed.
              Link?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Horrible deal— prayers for all involved.

How in the world a range employee was working on a gun with a live round in it is beyond reasonable. I’d say that’s probably negligent. At the same time I feel so bad for the employee and all involved.

Comment

Hot Wells Shooting - Manslaughter Charges

Hard to say, just because that's the charge we have now, it doesn't mean that's what he ends up with. I knew it was going to be a grand jury case. The people in charge of all that present a case and a decision is made. Can that decision be swayed? I think so. If it goes to trial it's going to be the people in the box that decide an outcome.

Was it a mistake? Yes. Could it have been prevented? Yes. Is jail time gonna prove anything? No. Does he deserve it? If I was sitting on the GJ I would say no.

I'm willing to bet many here have done the same thing with a rifle. After that it was an unfortunate chain of events that came together.

Grand Juries don’t decide if he deserves it or not.
                  Man this is tough.

Comment

Tragic deal. I don’t know enough of the details to say if they got it right but it appears Chew called it.

Comment

Harris County, not a big surprise. Bad deal all the way around, but not sure about that charge. If he was a drug dealing criminal, he would most likely get off a good bit lighter.

Comment

Bad deal. I don’t think anyone should be going to jail over this. Prayers for everyone Involved

Comment

I can’t find any information on charges being dropped.

At most, this should have been Criminally Negligent Homicide (2 years max) and not Manslaughter. It sure does not seem to fit the elements of Manslaughter.

Comment

Link?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Now that I look at it it was dropped at the request of the mans wife. Quoting...

Request of complaining witness.

Complainants wife requested that the State not prosecute this case as it appears to be a tragic accident.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                                Now that I look at it it was dropped at the request of the mans wife. Quoting...

Request of complaining witness.

Complainants wife requested that the State not prosecute this case as it appears to be a tragic accident.

That was mighty nice of her to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X