No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bphillips did you get lucky on Pinkies lottery? I didn’t in Lubbock.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      This is what I’ve picked up the last couple of weeks since I moved into my new house and wanted to stock my bar.

Yellow Rose
      TX Whiskey
      Angels Envy
      Eagle Rare
      Garrison Brothers
      Noah’s Mill
      Knob Creek
      Rowan’s Creek
      Suntory Toki(Japanese)
      Jameson
      Pinhook
      Crown Resevre

Then I also got a scotch but I’ve never drank scotch.
      Grangestone 21

Mainly I just kept Jack, Crown and Rebecca Creek and mixed with coke if I wanted to drink whiskey. Every so often I would crab a bottle of Buffalo Trace, TX or 1837 or something like that to mix with coke.

The 1837 was terrible I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to get into bourbon specifically, the 80 proof Four Roses yellow label (don’t think it’s yellow anymore) is a cheap and good starting point. Also, don’t be afraid of Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond.

Comment

Cross posting my WTT from classifieds here. Bourbon hunting is a tough game in DFW, so would like to trade my way into some good pours.

Thanks

Comment

accidental double post, my apologies.
          Last edited by yardsale; 01-02-2021, 08:52 PM. Reason: accidental double post.

Comment

Originally posted by Dc78 View Post
            Bphillips did you get lucky on Pinkies lottery? I didn’t in Lubbock.
            I did. Got the 10yr Old Rip Van Winkle

Comment

Originally posted by dataxman View Post
              If you want to get into bourbon specifically, the 80 proof Four Roses yellow label (don’t think it’s yellow anymore) is a cheap and good starting point. Also, don’t be afraid of Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond.

I've been looking for the Evan Williams bottled in bond. I haven't found any in Waco.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

When my father retired he was given this bottle by his boss and he let me have a pour on Xmas. Not too shabby
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
                  When my father retired he was given this bottle by his boss and he let me have a pour on Xmas. Not too shabby
                  That one is great.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    That one is great.

I agree. I did a Pappy flight at a restaurant and the 15 was by far my favorite of the lineup.

Enjoy!

Comment

Crown reserve or Rebecca Creek is my daily supper but enjoy Garrison Bros or Maker 46 and a good cigar.

Comment

Anyone got an eye on any ECTB in the wild lately? Picked up a bottle and wouldn't mind snagging another bottle or 2.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by feralswine View Post
                          Anyone got an eye on any ECTB in the wild lately? Picked up a bottle and wouldn't mind snagging another bottle or 2.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                          I've had the same interest. Zero in NTX after 30+ in-store hunts and no online sources that would ship Texas or weren't $100+

Comment

Pretty good pick last night. I’m pretty new to this good bourbon thing and I’m almost positive I walked past a bottle of Stagg a few weeks ago somewhere in spring, just sitting on a shelf. Gonna have to do some hunting this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post

Pretty good pick last night. I’m pretty new to this good bourbon thing and I’m almost positive I walked past a bottle of Stagg a few weeks ago somewhere in spring, just sitting on a shelf. Gonna have to do some hunting this weekend

I would be shocked if it was still there. Would be nice though.

Comment

Gonna giver a run tonight.

Pinky up for CM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X