Test run on jerky.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test run on jerky.

Tried a new recipe this go around. Added a ton of garlic and chili petine flakes mixed in. I have to say, very tasty and the right spice. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	25226193

I have been fortunate (actually my son) to be able to shoot a lot of animals last year, I made 23lbs (wet weight) of nothing but backstrap and tenderloins made into jerky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Glad you like it, i love me some jerky.

Comment

Send some my way I’ll be the taste tester

Comment

Originally posted by Stick bow View Post
        Send some my way I’ll be the taste tester

Where you located?

Comment

I could test run that for sure!

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

I love jerky, but don’t understand using backstrap and tenderloins to make it. You’re taking the best cuts of meat on the animal and drying it out. I’m sure it’s delicious (how could it not be). Jerky can be made out of just about any piece of meat. It sure looks tasty. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

What dehydrator are you using?

Comment

Looks good. But I am with AC on why you are using backstraps. There is so much meat trimmings that jerky can be made from without using the choice cuts.
                But I have done it myself, with a year old backstrap that was buried in the freezer.
                The jerky was incredible with the prime cuts. The front shoulders and neck meat become jerky for us.

Comment

Looks good.
                  I prefer to make my jerky from ground. When I get on a jerky kick, I end up having to make like 10+ pounds because my kids and all my neighbors love it.

Comment

Looks good. I was just talking about making some soon last night. I usually do mine in the smoker.

Comment

Why not!? His son slaughtered them last year. Back strap and tender Jeremy, when in abundance, sign ME up!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        I love jerky, but don’t understand using backstrap and tenderloins to make it. You’re taking the best cuts of meat on the animal and drying it out. I’m sure it’s delicious (how could it not be). Jerky can be made out of just about any piece of meat. It sure looks tasty. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

What dehydrator are you using?

It’s a NutriWare.

Comment

Looks good. Would you mind sharing your recipe?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post
                            Where you located?

Rosenberg Texas here , you making home deliveries

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	24632451

Have one more bag left to dehydrate, the chili Petine is pretty hot, especially for the kiddos so we only did a minimal amount on that.

I know a few of you didn’t like the idea of using backstrap and tenders for jerky but man, it is so good and easy. I have a 1/4hp cabelas grinder and the jerky slicer attachment, it takes longer to prep than is does to slice it. I’ve done other parts of the deer but after doing this for 10years, I prefer the prime cuts. Also, like I said, we are blessed to be able to shoot a lot of deer and other exotics to have enough backstrap and tender loins for other meals.

Comment

Working...
                              X