Oran Hills Outfitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oran Hills Outfitters

Whats the deal? Is there any deer left or have they all been killed.
    We went thinking it was a bow only lease and Oran got his gun out and started shooting hogs. Wrong thing to do on a bow only ranch.
    Has any one else had this experance there?

I tell you I hunted there three times and it seemed to get worse ever time I went. Each time I went I seen fewer deer and the cabin got worse as well. The house had plenty of room the first two times I went then they closed in a room and put all the hunters in one room it was bad. The last time I went the weather was nice and cool a good time of year and not vey many deer seen at all. Some hunters seen turkeys but all hens. I think this placed had alot of promise but something has went really wrong here.

Comment

I think you are right they have a good set up but the deer are just not there
      I hunted hard and only seen a doe and a fawn its just no deer there to hunt.
      Marvin the guide done a good job trying to get us on the deer he put out
      lots of corn but nothing comes in to eat its its just a bad over hunted ranch.

Comment

Totally over hunted...

I have hunted there the last two years with fewer deer seen each year. My opinion....the place is over hunted and the deer know to stay away. We paid for a special week long hunt last year for eight hunters. When we got there on the Sunday, twelve hunters were just leaving. When we left that Friday, another twelve hunters were coming in. Oh and yes, Oran did use a gun to hunt hogs while we were bow hunting. Another thing about this place is that each year it seemed to be more rules made on what you could or couldn't shot. This could be a good place to hunt if it was managed differently.

Comment

he just needs to retire......and let someone else handle that land for him

Comment

oran hill outfitters

its another blow to the day leases we spend hard earned money
            for these leases and most of the time we get used up and over hunted
            land to hunt sometimes a deer may stray in and a hunter may get lucky
            but for the big picture its tough hard hunting with a poor ending
            and no meat in the freezer. I guess its not all a loss we get to spend time with good friends around the camp house and hear all the deer tales.

Comment

So is Marvin back running things for Oran? The sheppard ranch would be a great place to hunt if it was few hunters and if he only hunted every other weekend!! I hunted the ranch a couple of times last year and saw a couple of Really big bucks but they new exactly where the stands were and they avoided them.. I sure would like to know if Marvin is back to running things if so things will get better.

Comment

The last I heard Marvin & Oran had it out and they parted ways.....I haven't heard any different ...but who knows anyway?

Comment

oranhills

I dont think Marvin will be back Oran Hill took avantage of him
                  for the last time. He wanted Marvin to do all the things it
                  takes to make a good hunting lease and get nothing but tips
                  from the hunters it just dont work like that. To bad for
                  Marvin hes a good guy. Any way I dont think our plans
                  will let us go back to Orans to hunt any more I hate it but thats
                  the way it is. Its could be a great fun place to go.

Comment

I hunted there one time but I forget what ranch it was. After the 1st moring hunt, the "guide" drove us all over the place and we saw nothing. Also, the corn was piled up under all the feeders. I left after the 1st day as it was very disappointing. Now I know what not to do when my place gets up and running.

Comment

Oran Hill is a crooked old man. I will never hunt with him again.

Comment

This place is a classic example of propert being over hunted, the owners ethics are questionable at best, spend your hard earned money some where else, or you will be dissapointed......

Comment

this place sounds great....sign me up!!!

Comment

they cant leave a high fence....just couldnt help it....

Comment

This has been going on for several years. I live in Burnet Cnty and amazed at how many people believe his line of ****. Should be selling timeshares in Iraq. As they say the proof is in the puddin.

Comment

Working...
                              X