CF Backstrap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CF Backstrap?

Anyone have a good chicken fried backstrap recipe? Gonna bust out the straps this weekend.

Season steaks with lawry's season salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
    Create milk/egg wash.
    Dip steaks in wash then bread in flour and crushed saltine crackers.
    Fry in Crisco only turning ONCE. (might add some salt after pulling from grease while still hot)

I'd have a throwdown with Bobby Flay at Chicken Fried backstrap

Comment

Soak in jalapeno juice for at least 12 hours before you season, dip in wash, four and then fry.

Comment

So what I do is cut your steaks then beat the heck out of them with meat tenderizer hammer. I then put the steaks in buttermilk to soak usually couple hours. Then fill a pot with peanut oil 4" deep heat to 350 degrees. While oils is heating up I prepare flours with salt pepper black pepper and garlic powder. No set amount I just add till I like the taste. Pull a steak out of the buttermilk and into the flour then deep fry. Upon completion of cooking steaks I use remaining flour mixture to make my gravy.

Comment

Agree with sotx on the meat hammer. I usually cut the steaks at least an inch thick and then beat them down to half inch which of course increases the diameter of said CFS.

I too do the simple milk/egg bath then into the flour with seasoning. I like salt lick garlic rub and/or chupacabra seasoning in my flour. I'll fry in vegetable oil or peanut oil, doesn't really matter to me.

Homemade mashed taters and biscuits, gravy on the whole **** plate. For sure gonna fall asleep after.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
            Season steaks with lawry's season salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
            Create milk/egg wash.
            Dip steaks in wash then bread in flour and crushed saltine crackers.
            Fry in Crisco only turning ONCE. (might add some salt after pulling from grease while still hot)

I'd have a throwdown with Bobby Flay at Chicken Fried backstrap
            This sounds great

Comment

When I fry back strap I slice it fairly thin1/4' - 1/2 inch medallions season with steak seasoning dip in flour seasoned with black pepper and garlic salt quick fry both sides in shallow oil, I don't use an egg wash.

When I have my deer processed I have cutlets made and when I chicken fry them I season with steak seasoning and use a milk and egg wash and season the flour with black pepper and garlic salt. I dip the cutlets in the milk & egg wash, dredge in flour and then back in the milk & egg wash and back in the flour for a thicker crust and fry in vegetable oil.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                So what I do is cut your steaks then beat the heck out of them with meat tenderizer hammer. I then put the steaks in buttermilk to soak usually couple hours. Then fill a pot with peanut oil 4" deep heat to 350 degrees. While oils is heating up I prepare flours with salt pepper black pepper and garlic powder. No set amount I just add till I like the taste. Pull a steak out of the buttermilk and into the flour then deep fry. Upon completion of cooking steaks I use remaining flour mixture to make my gravy.

This ^^^^^ is how I do it as well. I go from the buttermilk, to flour, to an egg wash, then flour again
                Last edited by AntlerCollector; 01-22-2021, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Never thought of it as a recipe. Milk, then flour, fry, salt and pepper.

Comment

I'll cut the steaks into 1/2" slices then tenderize them some. I use buttermilk and egg dredge then to flour/bisquick mixture with uncle chris salt and pepper and fry it in a cast iron skillet

Comment

I gave this a try based off of a recommendation from a buddy.... man its good

Just seasoned flour, egg wash, then seasoned crushed up ritz crackers. Fry as normal.

Give it a whirl and you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think you can mess it up if you know the basic idea of how to fry something. I've never had CF backstrap that I didn't like.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                          Another vote for this method, but I like to add some bread crumbs to my flour mix. Normally use Tony's to season the flour and add some cayenne to it, or use some hot sauce in the bath. I also normally do milk and eggs vs buttermilk. Also be sure not to over cook. You want it pink inside for sure.

Comment

Sometimes instead of using flour I use half Italian breadcrumbs and half garlic breadcrumbs and man they come out good!!!!! Been doing that the last few times.

Comment

Cut into steaks and beat them with hammer like they owe you money. Dip in milk/egg wash. Then roll in flour with salt & pepper.
                              Deep fry in oil.

Bacon grease gravy & homemade mash taters... cook about twice as much as you think you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X