Have you ever noticed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever noticed?

Is it just me or have y'all ever noticed how many people in this world are missing fingers, a finger or part of their finger? Maybe it's just up here but in the past two weeks I've seen 7 people missing a finger or part of one and one guy had an arm missing. Crazy how many people you notice missing body parts when you really pay attention. I worked with a dude for over a year before noticing he was missing a finger. Only one person out of 9 I worked with knew he was either.

Is it really that common? It's crazy to me how often you see that.

Can you count to ten?
    Lol

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
      Can you count to ten?
      Lol
      It definitely made me question it when I seen my coworkers hand and realized his hand looked like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles hand. He liked flipping people off and oddly enough the middle finger on the other hand wasn't there.LOL

He was jumping over a tall chain link fence and left his finger at the top.

Honestly I figured he was left handed and that's why he flipped people off with that hand. Guess I just haven't spent much time in my life looking at hands.
      Last edited by okrattler; 01-06-2021, 11:54 PM.

Comment

I noticed this middle school... Multiple people in gym class had missing, or partially missing fingers. One off them ended up at OU, and eventually a safety in the NFL for a small stint. Lost his finger dunking in like 6th or 7th grade. Hell of a nice person too.

Comment

My grandfather and great grandfather both cut the same finger off with the same radial arm saw . Best friend growing up cut a finger off on a bike chain .

Comment

In the great words of Denise LaSalle...

Comment

Work with a guy missing the ends of 3 fingers, my uncle is missing the end of one. He shot it off with a .22mag and my aunt cut her finger off with a potato slicer. Only cut it most of the way off and couldn't drive with it hanging off so she cut it the rest of the way off with scissors. She was an unusually tough person.

Comment

I’ve worked around heavy equipment all of my life. Been on a bunch of drilling rigs and currently work in the melt shop at a steel mill.

When I see someone missing a finger I always ask them how they lost it. Then I store it in the ol memory bank as a lesson learned so that I can keep all ten of mine!

Comment

The Booger Monster is real, keep the fingers outta there or loose it...

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didn’t create greed and a feeling of despair if you didn’t kill something!

Comment

I’ve known many

Comment

7 ppl in 2 weeks! Were you walking through a woodworking shop factory?

Comment

I’ve known many

Comment

I've seen several fingers get whacked back in day. Machine shops used to be way more dangerous than they are now. I've come close many times.

Comment

One of the thing I am most proud of is that I still have all of my digits. It has been touch and go a time or two and I have a couple of issues with my hands from old injuries but they are all still here. I do know lots of folks missing some.

-john

Comment

Ran my index finger through a table saw years ago but just split it. Still got it thank goodness, since it’s my trigger finger, but it’s the first one to get cold and the last one to warm up.

Comment

Working...
                              X