Do you have dinner at the table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have dinner at the table

The "Do you sleep in same bed with your wife" thread got me to thinking. How many of you have dinner every night at the table with wife and children.
    At our house it's every night for 30 years. One child is out of the house, the younger is still with us. Set the table, pray, eat and discus our day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we cook a meal, then yes we do. If we throw together a sandwich, or eat some leftovers, then it would be seldom. We generally grab and go when that’s on the menu.

Comment

I am in the same boat. We try to have supper between 6-630. All 3 kids are still at home, so we discuss our days and tis the season we do a family Christmas devotional.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

We eat together every evening, now it might be takeout but we eat at the table as a family. It’s not easy but we believe it is definitely for the best.

Comment

Yep, unless we are just scavenging leftovers or something like that we always sit down together for dinner.

Comment

Absolutely. Growing up, my dad worked a lot of long/odd hours and mom always took his plate to him in his recliner when he got home. When my wife and I got married, we made a point to eat supper at the dinner table every evening, unless it was pizza & a movie night. 12 years and 2 kids later, we still eat at the dinner table every evening. No phones, no toys allowed at the table. Just food and family.

Comment

Every night

Comment

I don’t even have a table.

Comment

Every night. At the table. Boyfriend, kiddo, bless the food and no electronics allowed.

Comment

10 percent of the time prolly. Might miss Barney doing something stupid on Andy Griffith

Comment

When we have the kids (every other weekend) yes. Table is set, cooked at home, pray, eat, discuss, kids have dish duty.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Every night.

Comment

Every night that I'm not working, My family and I are at the table together.

Comment

Every night, no exceptions growing up. I don’t care if we were eating ramen noodles, we did it as a family. I’m on my own now and that’s the biggest thing I miss. One day when I have a family of my own we’ll do the same. It’s no different at the firehouse on my days at work... we solve all the world issues around the dinner table.

Comment

Breakfast and dinner at the table, almost 20 years and 3 kids but we eat at the table as a family. The news is on the TV and we discuss the days events, no exceptions. Now the other 23 hours a day who knows what is happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X