Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who else will be here this weekend?

Comment

Good start to scouting day. Had 5 nilgai at 100 yards. Three large cows and two calves. I know where I’m starting in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
        Good start to scouting day. Had 5 nilgai at 100 yards. Three large cows and two calves. I know where I’m starting in the morning.

Need pics or it didn't happen.

Is this one a gun hunt? Mine is muzzleloader.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
          Need pics or it didn't happen.

Is this one a gun hunt? Mine is muzzleloader.

Yes, it's a rifle hunt. Pics coming shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post

Sounds like a good start. I’m in for the pics

Comment

So while scouting this morning I noticed a group of nilgai at what appeared to be about five or six hundred yards away. It was three cows and two calves. I got off my bike and hunkered down in some brush at the side of the road as they made their way in my direction. I got my camera out of my backpack and started snapping away. At one point something spooked them and they started to run but not for long. They calmed and continued in the same direction. They walked past me right at a hundred yards and never noticed me or spooked. Too bad the hunt doesnt start until tomorrow or I would have some nilgai meat. Of the three cows, one looks old and one looks pregnant imo. What say the gs?
              Attached Files

Comment

I agree with your assessment. Looks to be a good place to hunker down and shoot something.

how was the spread of hunters at the various gates?

Good luck out there.

good job on the pictures. now, expect some LDP tomorrow...

Comment

That’s awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                    I agree with your assessment. Looks to be a good place to hunker down and shoot something.

how was the spread of hunters at the various gates?

Good luck out there.

good job on the pictures. now, expect some LDP tomorrow...
                    On my way out I ran into a group of three that were scouting the same area but dont think they will intrude on me. Only saw a handful of trucks all day so it shouldnt be crowded at all.

Comment

Wow, great story and I'm excited for the rest of the story. I hope you're covered up with nilgai and not a Hunter in sight. BTW, is there any standbys? For next year.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                        BTW, is there any standbys? For next year.
                        I have no idea about next year but not this year thanks to the chi-nuh virus!

Comment

Heck yea man, I’d say you got a good chance of filling some coolers!! Good luck buddy

Comment

Cool pics! Man, that would get me pumped!Hopefully you’re going to get redemption from the archery hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
                              Cool pics! Man, that would get me pumped!Hopefully you’re going to get redemption from the archery hunt!
                              I can only hope so. Still cant thank you enough for your help.

Comment

Good luck TxFire409! I hope you have a heavy pack later today!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X