Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broken or not broken? My son's wrist....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken or not broken? My son's wrist....

My son crashed his bike pretty good yesterday and has a wrist that he can't move, not much swelling, just pain and stiffness. We had an x-ray taken about an hour ago and they told is the radiologist had to leave early and our doctor isn't in the office today either... My wife is kind of antsy about it so wanted to see if anyone here wanted to give it a shot? Preferably an x-ray tech/radiologist or doctor

It's his right wrist.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

How about a broken bone expert?? Just kidding. Bump for some help for yall

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks broken or at least fractured to me. But Im no doctor

Comment

We will get results in the morning, just thought it would be fun to see some green screen opinions...

Comment

Xray #2 and #3...that round bone that is near the R on the xray...I dont think it goes up there normally...maybe

Attached Files
            Last edited by JayB; 07-09-2020, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Here is a normal wrist x-ray from google

Comment

X ray #1 shows a break or fracture.

Comment

Ha...we googled the same image....I came back and qualified with a maybe because of r. Google .

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                    Ha...we googled the same image....I came back and qualified with a maybe because of r. Google .

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                      Looks broken or at least fractured to me. But Im no doctor

You gave that away when you distinguished between a break and fracture.

Comment

I have learned there is a difference. Or maybe at least a difference between STRESS fractures and breaks. Ive broken alot of bones and have had stress fractures as well

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          Here is a normal wrist x-ray from google

That is a normal wrist x-ray that is skeletally mature. Your son's will not look like that because his growth plates have not fused (matured yet). The images are to small and I can not blow them up to look for a salter-harris fracture in the growth plate. With that being said, no obvious fractures are apparent. Based off the explanation you provided and what I can see on the x-ray, I would say there is no fracture. However, I can not say that with confidence without being able to look at the images closer.

Comment

That is a normal wrist x-ray that is skeletally mature. Your son's will not look like that because his growth plates have not fused (matured yet). The images are to small and I can not blow them up to look for a salter-harris fracture in the growth plate. With that being said, no obvious fractures are apparent. Based off the explanation you provided and what I can see on the x-ray, I would say there is no fracture. However, I can not say that with confidence without being able to look at the images closer.

Then this guy showed up....[emoji1][emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                              gotcha, I appreciate it. I expected it to be swollen pretty good if there was a break, and if there is any swelling its very slight.

Comment

Working...
                              X