Wildlife management tax exemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildlife management tax exemption

Anyone know anything about the wildlife management tax exemption? My property is currently Ag exempt with it being leased out for grazing and the gentleman is no longer going to be using it after this year. I've been looking into putting it into wildlife management. Does anyone know any of the ins and outs? Anyone have any experience with this? Anything that I should look out for? Thanks for the information ahead of time.

The wildlife management is actually just a special valuation under the ag exemption that you already have.

go directly to your tax office, find out the name of the field person that does the exemption checks, and talk to them.

Every county handles it a little differently (sometimes incorrectly).

Comment

Thank you for the info sir I will check with them about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
        https://tpwd.texas.gov/faq/huntwild/tax_valuation.phtml

The wildlife management is actually just a special valuation under the ag exemption that you already have.

go directly to your tax office, find out the name of the field person that does the exemption checks, and talk to them.

Every county handles it a little differently (sometimes incorrectly).
        This pretty much.

Comment

I went from 1d1 to wildlife management this year. It’s the same tax rate as before. Only thing you lose is your tax id number for purchasing tax free items.

Comment

Decent pasture is always being sought for grazing.
            My rancher/neighbor has been a blessing for 35 yrs.
            I liked having his presence to watch things when
            I wasn’t there very often

Comment

Working...
            X