Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen any news

Comment

Lots of hearsay at this point. Holgorson seems to be a long shot. Leach never was serious consideration. Litrell seems to have fallen out of favor. Venables seems committed to Clemson due to his son being there. Leavitt seems more interested in CO.

The barn door remains wide open.

Comment

TTU may be in for some humbling moments. I’m still not sold that Venables is not interested, but aside from they don’t seem to be getting folks pounding at the door.

We do have a skewed perception of our program. I keep hearing elite and return to greatness. We had 1 9 win season, I think in the history of ever. Otherwise we are a 6-7 win team.

Comment

Seems like a long shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	24562706

Utah State coach has also entered the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            TTU may be in for some humbling moments. I’m still not sold that Venables is not interested, but aside from they don’t seem to be getting folks pounding at the door.

We do have a skewed perception of our program. I keep hearing elite and return to greatness. We had 1 9 win season, I think in the history of ever. Otherwise we are a 6-7 win team.
            I think as fans most understand that but the administration doesn't. I'm on the side of let's try something new and see where that gets us because it can't get much worse.

Comment

Keep a close eye on Malzahn...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

Winner winner....

Lose-lose situation....
                You bring in an outsider who doesn't understand or get West Texas and you alienate the fan base (aka Tubberville)....you bring in an insider who doesn't meet overinflated expectations and/or overinflated memories of past success (aka the Pirate) and you tarnish a reputation (aka Kingsbury)....

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  Times may have changed since I moved up here in 1975, but to this day I will not ever support Tech because of the way my wife and I were treated by what were so called Tech fans when they learned we both graduated from A&M. We were ridiculed, laughed at and at times cussed at because we had A&M gear on around town. My hatred was inspired by Tech fans and it has not died!
                  Yet you spend a lot of time on the Texas Tech Fan thread, and always chiming in on Tech related events. No Red Raiders like aggies up in there business, just like aggies dont like Red Raiders involved in there business. From a Tech fan point of view I can imagine how you come off meeting Tech fans. Your probably the typical texag'er walking around in your maroon shirt in walmart wondering why your getting looked at. If im wearing Tech gear in College Station I expect to get looked at funny.
                  Take notes from Heath and Dale on how to professionally not like a team without trashing it. I love tailgating and meeting the fans from other schools, 95% of the time its a great experience. I have been to a ton of Tech games and never experienced anything, like most aggies say happens at every game, other than a couple guys drinking to much and talking trash. Aggies leave Lubbock every year with outladish stories of being pelted with batteries, getting their bus trashed, etc.. Gets old
                  Next time i am in Lubbock i will hit you up and we can a have a beer so you can see not all of us are we have been made out to be the the aggie cult.
                  Have you ever been to tto a football game in Lubbock?

Comment

Originally posted by rileydog View Post
                    Winner winner....

Lose-lose situation....
                    You bring in an outsider who doesn't understand or get West Texas and you alienate the fan base (aka Tubberville)....you bring in an insider who doesn't meet overinflated expectations and/or overinflated memories of past success (aka the Pirate) and you tarnish a reputation (aka Kingsbury)....
                    Let us also not forget the job has been vacant for approximately 48-hours. There might be some gun jumping going on, no?

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                      Yet you spend a lot of time on the Texas Tech Fan thread, and always chiming in on Tech related events. No Red Raiders like aggies up in there business, just like aggies dont like Red Raiders involved in there business. From a Tech fan point of view I can imagine how you come off meeting Tech fans. Your probably the typical texag'er walking around in your maroon shirt in walmart wondering why your getting looked at. If im wearing Tech gear in College Station I expect to get looked at funny.
                      Take notes from Heath and Dale on how to professionally not like a team without trashing it. I love tailgating and meeting the fans from other schools, 95% of the time its a great experience. I have been to a ton of Tech games and never experienced anything, like most aggies say happens at every game, other than a couple guys drinking to much and talking trash. Aggies leave Lubbock every year with outladish stories of being pelted with batteries, getting their bus trashed, etc.. Gets old
                      Next time i am in Lubbock i will hit you up and we can a have a beer so you can see not all of us are we have been made out to be the the aggie cult.
                      Have you ever been to tto a football game in Lubbock?
                      I know not all Tech fans are like the ones we had to deal with when we first moved up here. I have friends that are loyal Tech fans also. And for my information, where did I trash Tech I just said I did not like them and would never root for them, no trashing that I am aware of unless trashing is saying you do not like a school or it's sports teams. And no I did not blatantly walk around wearing A&M gear everywhere I went, just on occasion. And as far as Aggies being in a cult, get a life and read some of the articles from Ex students of Tech and them not liking the change in the school song in putting cuss words in and the throwing of the tortillas (I thought that was not a big deal).
                      Also for your information, when I attended A&M, I pulled for Tech in every sporting event as Tech was my 2nd choice for schools if I did not get into A&M. It was only when i moved here and got hammered for being an Aggie even without wearing A&M gear. I stopped doing that after a short period when it got really bad. I wear it now without any repercussions. Take it as you will, I do not think I trashed them in any way except for what my wife and I endured in the late 70's.

Comment

No way to Art Briles.

Comment

I know not all Tech fans are like the ones we had to deal with when we first moved up here. I have friends that are loyal Tech fans also. And for my information, where did I trash Tech I just said I did not like them and would never root for them, no trashing that I am aware of unless trashing is saying you do not like a school or it's sports teams. And no I did not blatantly walk around wearing A&M gear everywhere I went, just on occasion. And as far as Aggies being in a cult, get a life and read some of the articles from Ex students of Tech and them not liking the change in the school song in putting cuss words in and the throwing of the tortillas (I thought that was not a big deal).
                          Also for your information, when I attended A&M, I pulled for Tech in every sporting event as Tech was my 2nd choice for schools if I did not get into A&M. It was only when i moved here and got hammered for being an Aggie even without wearing A&M gear. I stopped doing that after a short period when it got really bad. I wear it now without any repercussions. Take it as you will, I do not think I trashed them in any way except for what my wife and I endured in the late 70's.
                          Your right, you didnt trash them.

Comment

I will admit that I did root for Tech once and that was the year the women's basketball team won the National Championship with Marsh Sharp. I always thought she was a great coach and she had a great team then. I admired what she did with that squad and the squads she had while she coached here.

Comment

I'm suprised Chris Thomsen isnt being thrown out in the mix... He was the interim coach when they won a bowl game a few years back. Did some great things in D2, and has been on the TCU coaching staff for a few years. I'm guessing just not high profile enough??

Comment

Times may have changed since I moved up here in 1975, but to this day I will not ever support Tech because of the way my wife and I were treated by what were so called Tech fans when they learned we both graduated from A&M. We were ridiculed, laughed at and at times cussed at because we had A&M gear on around town. My hatred was inspired by Tech fans and it has not died!
                                So in your line of thinking I should never root or support for aTm, ever either... I was at the Tech vs aTm game where Wes Welker returned the punt for the touchdown and we won. When we won, sitting in the visitors section of the stadium, a hail of cups, drinks and ice flew down on all of us from the student section on the 2nd and 3rd levels.

I was in College Station this summer taking my kid to the aTm basketball camp our varsity went too. I wore my Tech gear, and ya, I got some ribbing and stares, but so what? Get some thicker skin.

Ridiculous post.

Comment

Working...
                                X