Adventure of a lifetime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adventure of a lifetime

So I recently traveled to Japan solo for two weeks. Of course I did all the normal tourist stuff and had plenty of pictures of all that but for here on the green screen I thought I’d share the highlight of my trip. I wanted to do something different then all the other touristy stuff people do when they go there and really challenge myself. I decided, Mt. Akadake. It’s the highest peak in the central alps in Japan. The tough part is it’s out in the middle of nowhere and nobody in the area speaks English. So getting to the train station was tough and taking the hour long bus ride to the base of the mountain was even harder. Luckily I was able to use the small amount of Japanese I taught myself, pictures, and hand signals to get on the right bus. The bus also only goes to the mountain 3 times a day so you have to time it right. There is a hut about half the way up where you can camp. It was one of the hardest hikes I’ve done due to the terrain on the trail I took. Uphill through rocky shoulder width trails for most of the way. Was lucky enough to see some amazing sika deer. The peak only being 10,000 ft felt insanely more drastic due to the last 2 hours of climbing being straight up rock climbing, no trails. By far one of the hardest physical and mental things I’ve done. Something about being completely alone on a mountain above the clouds was so spiritual, just me, god, and his creations. When I finally reached the peak it was one of the most amazing views I think I have ever been blessed to see. I’m still young, and trying to use the health and time he has blessed me to travel and see as many of his creations as possible. I’ll cherish these memories forever. Total hike time including transit to the mountain and back down to the bus stop was 2 days. 70 degrees at the bottom, 24 degrees at the top. Pictures coming below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, man. Sounds like a great time. Look forward to pics

Comment

Awesome story! In for the pics!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Man that first pic is so cool!! Looks like great adventure for sure!

Comment

Amazing!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Unreal!!

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Man that is awesome!

Comment

Awesome trip

Comment

Bucket list!

Comment

Comment

Golden!

Comment

Very cool, and great pics!

Comment

Now that is and adventure of a lifetime. Congrats! Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X