Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of the 2 story blind....Here we go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!

Comment

Mark awesome build as usual. Add me to the list of willing participants if you need another hand. Always looking for an excuse to get outside

Comment

Mark,

Been following this thread ............ Cannot believe the single high blind after Brandon and I saw it in person a few weeks ago. This one looks even more extreme......hat is off to you my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by thearrower View Post
          Mark,

Been following this thread ............ Cannot believe the single high blind after Brandon and I saw it in person a few weeks ago. This one looks even more extreme......hat is off to you my friend!
          Thanks for the compliment. It was great meeting you guys. It sounds like you guys have a great place and hunt with some good folks. I really enjoyed the visit.

I found a local builder that just finished a nice stone building and he gave me all of the left overs from that job so I'm going to be off to a good start when I start laying stone. He said he had other jobs that he will have left over stone so I may be doing the stone on this one for pretty much free. That's hard to beat a deal like that.

I finished building the frames for the Deerview windows today and I think I have enough lumber to finish the framing including the roof. I'll hopefully put the metal on the roof next weekend and start laying stone. I'm really getting excited about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
            Thanks for the compliment. It was great meeting you guys. It sounds like you guys have a great place and hunt with some good folks. I really enjoyed the visit.

I found a local builder that just finished a nice stone building and he gave me all of the left overs from that job so I'm going to be off to a good start when I start laying stone. He said he had other jobs that he will have left over stone so I may be doing the stone on this one for pretty much free. That's hard to beat a deal like that.

I finished building the frames for the Deerview windows today and I think I have enough lumber to finish the framing including the roof. I'll hopefully put the metal on the roof next weekend and start laying stone. I'm really getting excited about this one.
            On a scale from 1-10 , you win! Too cool

Comment

Looking great!

Comment

you sir are the MAN!

Comment

We pretty much finished framing the roof and got all of the 2nd floor windows and frames cut in. This thing is way up there. I sat and looked out of the windows and started getting excited about hunting out of it.
                  Hopefully I can get the roof on next weekend and finish skinning it out so I can start laying stone.
                  I took a picture with the feeder in the foreground so you can see how far the feeder is from the blind.
                  Attached Files

Comment

My gosh....I thought I was impressed with the Alamo!

This doesn't suck!!

Comment

Looks like it's coming along great

Comment

Coming along great. The deer will never pay any attention to you in that

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                          Coming along great. The deer will never pay any attention to you in that
                          Ha....I'm banking on getting it finished and getting my butt out of there so they get used to it. Quite a bit larger than I was thinking it would be.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
                              Ha....I'm banking on getting it finished and getting my butt out of there so they get used to it. Quite a bit larger than I was thinking it would be.
                              I'm really serious abut them never looking up in west Texas. I have 2 eight by eight box blinds on 10 foot towers. The deer do not pay any attention to us in them.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                                I'm really serious abut them never looking up in west Texas. I have 2 eight by eight box blinds on 10 foot towers. The deer do not pay any attention to us in them.
                                That's good news for me. They don't pay any attention to the other two blinds but they don't stick up in the air 14 feet tall. I hope you are correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X