Need help with new hunting truck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with new hunting truck.

Picked up this 88 bronco ll dirt cheap. Runs everything works new tires but inspe tion went out in 2014. Just looking for ideas for funtional mods. Im going to do the bumpers in tubing with hitches on front and back. Carpet out rhino line in. And a rattle can paint job. Any other ideas?

My dad had same year model when I was in high school. I can't tell you what to do, but I'll let you one thing NOT to do and that's add lift.

Those things can be really top heavy and I had my old mans up on two wheels once...and it scary how easy that happened.

But it was super tight turning and had plenty of power since it was so light.

Comment

I had a cousin get paralyzed by flipping one in the early 90s but he wasnt being very smart. Drinking speeding etc. But good thing is it will just put around now.

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
        I had a cousin get paralyzed by flipping one in the early 90s but he wasnt being very smart. Drinking speeding etc. But good thing is it will just put around now.
        I wasn't being dumb...but I won't say I was being smart either.

Sorry about your cousin...looks like a fine little putt-mobile!

Comment

I would throw some mud grips on it , bumpers if you want thats about all I would do.

Comment

Sweet I wouldn't put a lift for reasons mentioned. I had a buddy that had one and it went places I don't think a Polaris would go. Good luck should be fun.

Comment

My brother sent me this. Could be cool since we do alot of wheat field shooting and predator calling

Comment

Put on heavy duty bumper and hitch recievers. Painted black going to start working on accesories and winch

Comment

That looks sweet. I love the flat black. My buddy that had one mounted a road feeder to the spare tire mount and he never had to take it off. It worked out well. Keep the pics coming.

Comment

I've got a 86 and with a level kit on the front 31's fit

Comment

get wheel spacers and a lift help with the top heavy problem.

Comment

Wire it so you can use a cradle mounted winch on either end. Then keep the winch inside so folks don't know you have one, and make it a point to go some place to get stuck..."hey dwa has a winch, so we are good".

Comment

Lol

Comment

Roll cage. Exoskeleton type.

Comment

well looks like you have done all the damage you can do with those 5,000 lb bumpers. that will put a deer airborn for at least 100 yards.

Comment

Working...
                              X