No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger PHL 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See y'all at the Standby drawing. Not luck for us this year.

If any new people want to hit me up, I'll be happy to take you out and show you my places we hunted last year and share my game pictures.

I believe I can put someone on their 2 does on opening weekend less than 100yds from where you park.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post

If any new people want to hit me up, I'll be happy to take you out and show you my places we hunted last year and share my game pictures.

I believe I can put someone on their 2 does on opening weekend less than 100yds from where you park.
      How does the standby work? Do you have to be present at the orientation to be selected as a standby?

Comment

No ;luck for me either. But I should be at standby.
        Originally posted by Rodray12 View Post
        How does the standby work? Do you have to be present at the orientation to be selected as a standby?
        Yes must be present, you have to fill out a lil card and they draw them from a hat. If you get drawn, go sign for your permit and hunt pass right there at the facility and you're good.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
          No ;luck for me either. But I should be at standby.

Yes must be present, you have to fill out a lil card and they draw them from a hat. If you get drawn, go sign for your permit and hunt pass right there at the facility and you're good.
          Gotcha, thank you sir.

Comment

Also, the standby requires you have already purchased the PHL permit as well.
            That requirement thinned the herd on last years draw.

Comment

I got drawn for the first time this year!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Also, the standby requires you have already purchased the PHL permit as well.
                  That requirement thinned the herd on last years draw.

A couple hundred people there for 15 spots isnt thinning the herd!

Used to be 30-50 people there for the standby. Hell I was there once and everyone that showed got spots. Think he had 28 permits and there were 27 people there.

Missed out once again. Gone are the old days when you actually had a decent chance of drawing. That's what the internet and loud mouths do for you!

Comment

No granger deer for me this year! Oh well theres still piggies

Comment

Comparison is the thief of joy

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post

A couple hundred people there for 15 spots isnt thinning the herd!

Used to be 30-50 people there for the standby. Hell I was there once and everyone that showed got spots. Think he had 28 permits and there were 27 people there.

Missed out once again. Gone are the old days when you actually had a decent chance of drawing. That's what the internet and loud mouths do for you!
                        PETA people from austin also put in for this draw, those are some of the un-used permits, do some of them also show up for standby who knows. I like the idea of kicking you out of the draw the following year if you don't utilize your permit. How do you quanify that?, might ruffle some feathers but I'd say if you don't at least check in a deer or hog for the year, I've hunted there and if you know what your doing it wasn't that hard to tag a doe.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          PETA people from austin also put in for this draw, those are some of the un-used permits, do some of them also show up for standby who knows. I like the idea of kicking you out of the draw the following year if you don't utilize your permit. How do you quanify that?, might ruffle some feathers but I'd say if you don't at least check in a deer or hog for the year, I've hunted there and if you know what your doing it wasn't that hard to tag a doe.

You gotta source for that claim?

Comment

They would have to buy hunting licenses and PHLs to get into the draw
                            .. I mean it's possible but I would like to see a source for that as well.

Deer hunts are generally not on PETAs radar

I do think that if you draw claim your permit and dont at least show up for the orientation you should be kicked out of the drawing for the next few years.

Comment

I don't have a source just something I heard from some other hunters in the area, they said somebody with TPW told them that was one of the reasons to start requiring the $48 before you could apply last year, if you remember it used to be free to apply.

Comment

I have never done a Public Hunt accept many years ago on Lake Georgetown where you simply signed in and out. I am getting back to bow hunting and bought Public Hunt permit. Going for Pigs with crossbow at Granger. Any pubic hunt tips/warnings for someone returning to the sport after 20 years healing from an auto accident? I went crossbow because it was a shoulder injury so drawing 60 Lbs back was not fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X