X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas parks and wildlife code. Chapter 61.060

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
      Found 2 locked up. One dead and the other was dragging it around. Called the GW. He said if we shot the live one we would have to tag it. If not leave it to die or free it some how. If we kept the dead one we would have to tag it. We waited till the live one was exhausted. We roped his back feet and held his head down and sawed his horn off with a sawzall. He laid there and we left. Came back an hour later the live deer had left. Came back the next morning and the coyotes had dinner!
      That warden was wrong. The tag is for the meat. If you sawed the horns off an already dead and spoiled deer there is no requirement to tag it period.
      Last edited by GarGuy; 10-20-2020, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Happened to me 2 years. Pulled in the gate and a young buck was stuck in the fence. Got him out of the fence, but he was bad off. I called the GW and he told me to dispatch it(I would have done it anyway, but was on my gf’s family place and wanted to go by the book) GW just asked that I send him pictures of the deer and told me to call him if I had any issues transporting the meat home.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          That warden was wrong
          Well that's what he said and that's what we did. It was 10-12 years ago if that makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Those if you saying its not legal are wrong. Texas has a humane dispatch law. Anyone can dispatch a mortally wounded animal by any humane means as long as that person did not inflict the wound.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinBradbery View Post
              There is this if you were not the one who wounded the deer.

https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/parks-a...ct-61-060.html
              Thank you for this link

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                With a firearm if it is hung in a fence and close to death?
                If its on your property line or this just a drive-by along a road?

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                  If its on your property line or this just a drive-by along a road?
                  The law in the link above does not specify a difference.

Comment

Working...
                  X