Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunting with Hornady ELD-M. 6.5 Manbun. My experiences so far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
    I built a 6.5 Grendel, premium barrel, trigger, etc. (AR platform) I bought some of the Hornady black, mostly for brass, since I reload for everything I shoot. My rifle won't group the black any better than about three inches at 100 yards. Shoots all my handloads, whether with 95 grain VMax, 120 Speer GD, or 85 grain Sierra into about 3/4 inch average. Using either 8208, Leverevolution, or RL10x powders. Of course, other rifles will be different, but don't be too quick to judge the rifle if it doesn't shoot the black well. I didn't try any other factory ammunition in my rifle.
    That is exactly the same experience I had with the Grendel. It does shoot the factory Fusion load decently enough to hunt with.

Comment

Same thing I saw with the Hornady Black ammo in my manbun. It shot 1.5-2". The ELD-X loads shoot 3/4" or less.

I have not tried the ELD-Ms but will buy some when I see it.

Comment

My son went to a youth hunt at FTW Ranch this weekend where they do S.A.A.M training (Sportsman’s All-Weather All-Terrain Marksmanship) and they use the 140 gr ELD Match with their Creedmoor’s for hunting and training on the ranch. Very accurate and lethal.

Comment

Shot my first deer with my 6.5 Grendel this past weekend. Shoots the 123 eld-m black really well. Buck weighted 215lbs. Shot it the neck and total destroyed it vertebrate. Wish I would have taken pics. No exit buck bullet did damage and deer dropped.
          I have shot several hogs and javi with same results. DRT

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
            Shot my first deer with my 6.5 Grendel this past weekend. Shoots the 123 eld-m black really well. Buck weighted 215lbs. Shot it the neck and total destroyed it vertebrate. Wish I would have taken pics. No exit buck bullet did damage and deer dropped.
            I have shot several hogs and javi with same results. DRT
            What grendel you have? AR or bolt?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

The man bun is a fun gun. Hagen is shooting the 135 Berger Hp's.... Holy ****.

Comment

308 168 ELD-M pushed about 2700fps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post

308 168 ELD-M pushed about 2700fps.

Dang it. That’s some damage. Pre tenderized neck roast.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                    What grendel you have? AR or bolt?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                    Sorry, just seeing this. AR platform. Anderson lower, cheap upper and change the barrel out to a 18” Odin. Put a CMC 2.5 lb flat trigger.

Comment

6.5 manbun ������

What about fragments in the meat? How bad is it?

Comment

Anyone have a box or 2 of hornady 140 eld-m they would sell, or trade me for a box or 2 of my hornady black 140 bthp.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                          6.5 manbun ������

What about fragments in the meat? How bad is it?
                          Saw none in the deer I shot opening weekend. I did not hit any bone other than rib, though, by design.

Comment

I’ve been looking for that exact ammo for over a month now and can’t find it at all! 🤦🏻*♂️

Comment

I shot a buck at 160yds broadside through both shoulder. 143gr Eld-x. Entrance was bullet hole and exit was golf ball hole. Ran 25yds and fell over.
                              Shot a 170lb boar quartering to me. 143gr Eld-x. Through very front part of shoulder bullet hole and no exit. Pig DRT. Been happy with them so far

Comment

Working...
                              X