Any chance the college's of today survive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I mean by survive is, will parents look at what it has been costing them to send their children off to college to be indoctrinated.
    Now I'm not talking about going to college to be a doctor, engineer, attorney or any other specialized profession.
    Now with that being said I saw where Harvard is moving to online classes but the 50k tuition remains.
    Harvard has a endowment of 41 billion while 70% of their student body gets financial aid.
    What percent of the 70% does the government (tax payer) fund through grants and other means?

What percent of the 70% goes to international and foreign aid? All the while the good ol US taxpayer's first college entry form is a FAFSA application. My son is learning to run wire, repair plumbing, saw wood .. Demand for common sense is going to sky rocket!

Comment

Maybe this is going to be a tipping point for change, and an overdue popping of the higher education bubble that has been driven largely by easy government money. There has to be some exceptionally bright kids who worked hard to get into Harvard or other schools who are saying, “so now I’m supposed to pay $50k in borrowed money to sit in front of a computer for another semester? I think I need to explore other options”

Comment

I’ve been saying for sometime that the cost of a college education is far outpacing the value of it. But we have been so conditioned that college is the gateway to the American dream that it will take a significant paradigm shift to change that mindset.

Comment

Full tuition for online classes is an outrage. These schools with multi billion dollar endowments should be ashamed to ask for tuition. Why is Harvard even still charging tuition? Also, college isn’t for everyone. Not sure why some parents push their kids to take out loans and make themselves miserable by going to college when the kid barely made it out of high school. I tell kids I meet, learn how to do something or make something that people have to have, and that they’ll pay dearly for. And then get really good at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Rcole1310; 07-07-2020, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Until a degree is no longer a prerequisite for huge segments of employment it will keep going at this pace.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
              Until a degree is no longer a prerequisite for huge segments of employment it will keep going at this pace.
              Meh... there are lots of ways around that. I don’t have a degree. But every job I’ve had since about age 23 required one.

Comment

JMO. I think trade schools are going to get lots more students the next few years. A/C, Mechanics, welders, etc. Lots of these folks needed more than college graduates.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                  Full tuition for online classes is an outrage. These schools with multi billion dollar endowments should be ashamed to ask for tuition. Why is Harvard even still charging tuition? Also, college isn’t for everyone. Not sure why some parents push their kids to take out loans and make themselves miserable by going to college when the kid barely made it out of high school. I tell kids I meet, learn how to do something or make something that people have to have, and that they’ll pay dearly for. And then get really good at it.

Dont agree with you often but thats spot on

Comment

What I see happening is a scam, in that these institutions get rich from funding by tax payers money via loans through individuals, in order to indoctrinate the next generation.
                    I feel like we are funding our demise that is being accomplished by a thousand paper cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                      What I mean by survive is, will parents look at what it has been costing them to send their children off to college to be indoctrinated.
                      Now I'm not talking about going to college to be a doctor, engineer, attorney or any other specialized profession.
                      Now with that being said I saw where Harvard is moving to online classes but the 50k tuition remains.
                      Harvard has a endowment of 41 billion while 70% of their student body gets financial aid.
                      What percent of the 70% does the government (tax payer) fund through grants and other means?

I hope not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My wife just got cut along with almost 300 others at UTSA so they could "cut overhead". How do you run a University without the leaders in place, they obviously see a big change on the horizon because they are not holding their jobs, just eliminating them. More kids on line and less donations that they count on I assume is part of it. It was becoming something so liberal that we are happy she is out but she is sad too for the work she did to get where she was.

Comment

I think change is coming and the cost of college is out of hand. I started saving for my 1 yr old already but it will also cover trade school. He gets what I have saved and the balance is his to use. Save money on trade school and maybe he gets a car too.

Comment

I think if ANTIfA happened to burn the colleges down, I wouldn't complain. Waste of space and money, and time. Lot of idiots with a peice of paper they'll point to as why they must be smarter than everyone else. I'm grateful for the people I did learn from at a private college, but even then there were only a handful of skills that i learned, beyond that everything was rehashing the same busy work knowledge of history you hopefully learned in elementary school.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzoP_RO8PHI"]YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                              X