Chandeleur Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
    Me too man. Ready to rip some lips. This will be my 3rd trip to the islands. I’ve never hunted Mexico but from the way the Mexico hunters talk about the tranquility down there, the islands do it for me.

This will be my first trip, that’s why I’m extra excited.

Hoping to catch a lot of fish, but looking forward to the fellowship too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      I’m so freaking excited about this trip.

I am going to have to do a lot of fishing this summer to keep my skills sharp.

Don't worry about the skills. The fish were practically jumping in the box for Philip and I last trip. Need to make sure your arms and shoulders are tuned up though. Mine were flat wore out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
        Don't worry about the skills. The fish were practically jumping in the box for Philip and I last trip. Need to make sure your arms and shoulders are tuned up though. Mine were flat wore out.

I fish plenty, I was being facetious.

Comment

They say it’s not always like that, so I’m trying to keep my expectations low. Lol. Just hoping for good weather.

Comment

I’ll say this too, those hard heads out there are savages. I caught a bunch wading with lures. Lol. Also, everybody that’s going, I highly recommend wading. I don’t have actual numbers but I think waders outfished drifters at least 5 to 1. It was probably more than that. Biggest catch from a drifting group was 25 in a morning. We stuck 100+ keepers and probably 3 times that many throw backs both mornings wading.

Comment

Didn't realize you could spit out a $5 word like facetious, let alone spell it!

Comment

Hardheads don't count.. Erin suggests you better practice..

Comment

I’m excited, since I didn’t get to make the trip last year.

Comment

If someone drops out or you have an opening, I would be interested in going.

Comment

I am very interested as well. Put me in line please.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        I’ll say this too, those hard heads out there are savages. I caught a bunch wading with lures. Lol. Also, everybody that’s going, I highly recommend wading. I don’t have actual numbers but I think waders outfished drifters at least 5 to 1. It was probably more than that. Biggest catch from a drifting group was 25 in a morning. We stuck 100+ keepers and probably 3 times that many throw backs both mornings wading.
                        Hmmm

Oddly enough my son and I caught all our trout drifting the hump and most of the reds where caught wading. I think junior and I boxed 80% of the trout caught. We actually got bored with catching them and went to wade a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Hmmm

Oddly enough my son and I caught all our trout drifting the hump and most of the reds where caught wading. I think junior and I boxed 80% of the trout caught. We actually got bored with catching them and went to wade a few times
                          I’m sure it varies. I had planned to wade anyway, the captain told us the waders we’re doing better but the other guys were scared of sharks. Only 3 of us waded, and we boxed 150 fish lol. Drift boats were coming in with 10-15 each time out. We got bored with trout too, it was literally every single cast. We tried for reds but didn’t get any, I did stick a 26 or 27” trout looking for reds though. Ate a big purple. Lol I think we had 8 or 10 reds total.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            I’m sure it varies. I had planned to wade anyway, the captain told us the waders we’re doing better but the other guys were scared of sharks. Only 3 of us waded, and we boxed 150 fish lol. Drift boats were coming in with 10-15 each time out. We got bored with trout too, it was literally every single cast. We tried for reds but didn’t get any, I did stick a 26 or 27” trout looking for reds though. Ate a big purple. Lol I think we had 8 or 10 reds total.
                            I caught a bull shark about 5 foot long in about 18" of water on a chicken boy and popping cork. Thought it was a stud red till it got to the boat!! It was fun and pulled the hook.

We saw a few drifting the flats but it wasnt enough to keep me from wading.

Comment

So who's planning another one of this one's full?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                                So who's planning another one of this one's full?
                                you, and put me down for 3

Or would you rather get in on Costa Rica........

Comment

Working...
                                X