No announcement yet.

Pit Boss Pellet Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love mine. I’ve had it for a couple yrs now and no problems so far. Amazing how chicken taste on it And I’m not a chicken fan.

Comment

Love mine. I have the 820 that’s only available at Lowe’s. I had a small traeger before this one and I like this one a lot more

Comment

Love mine. Complete game change for me as far as time, convenience, and final product.

Comment

I've been looking at the pit boss to. But the vertical smoker. What ya think?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Love mine. About to reverse sear a few filets for dinner!

Comment

A couple of questions for you fellas running the pellet grills. How hot can you get these pellet grills when you are grilling foods?? And how cool can you run smoke in them??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                A couple of questions for you fellas running the pellet grills. How hot can you get these pellet grills when you are grilling foods?? And how cool can you run smoke in them??
                Smoke varies due to conditions. Pit Boss grills, and I’m sure others have this feature, have an adjustable smoke setting so you can go pretty cool, as in around 100° or maybe slight higher.

Heat wise I’ve had mine at 500° for searing purposes and could probably go higher but that’s as high as I wanted.

Comment

I have the 820, got it on sale 3 years ago at Academy. Not a single problem and love it.

Comment

Have had one for 3 years, works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post

Most go to 180 on the low end otherwise you can’t get combustion. High side depends on the grill; most max at 500 with the higher end models going to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My green Mountain goes as low as 150

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                          Rec Tec....Traeger....Pit Boss....Green Mountain.....decisions decisions...lol
                          Even though I have a Pit Boss... there's no comparison between it & Rec Tec.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

My step dad's Traeger gave out last month. He bought the Pit Boss 820 last week and is really impressed so far.

Comment

I have had a PB Austin for two years. I like it just fine. Never felt like staying up all night to cook a brisket, so really can't compare the two different styles.

I have had a bit of trouble with mine. I got a blowing storm and the pellets in the feed tube got wet..................don't let that happen!

I had to tear it apart and clean the tube. Tearing it apart is not much fun.
                              Got it cleaned out and used it for 5-6 more months and the feed stopped feeding too well. Had to tear it apart again.

I did it different than the first time. First time I took the control/hopper apart and got to pull the screw shaft. The second time, I dismounted the control/feed screw completely off. This way you can work on the hopper/control on a bench. Lots easier.
                              Upon closer inspection, I believe the nylon coupler between motor and shaft got mangled when the motor tried to run while the feed screw was jammed up. In process of ordering a new coupling. The motor got cock-eyed also; I think it was just propped up on a foam/plastic support that got damaged under the torque.

Once all the "cooking" parts are removed all it takes is about 6 screws to pull whole thing. Only problem was the thermocouple was meant to be removed from the other direction. I did a little metal cutting with dremel and now the whole unit will dismount so you can work on it mo easier, instead of upside down on your back or knees.

With this problem occurring, I'd still do it again..........providing they'll send me a coupling relatively fast. If their customer service works out it'll be great.

Just don't let it get soaked with pellets in the pipe!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                                Even though I have a Pit Boss... there's no comparison between it & Rec Tec.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                                So you’re saying a RecTec is better?

Comment

Working...
                                X