Tag Soup for everyone on the lease!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tag Soup for everyone on the lease!!!

For the first time in 20+ years... not one deer was killed on our lease/family farm this year!!!! Crazy as he!!.... we have tons of bucks on camera but 90% of the time they are nocturnal but plenty of doe running around all day/night.

We have decided that the lack of water on the property, plethora of acorns, cattle (leased) and no cover crop on our cultivated land (leased) has led to an unsuccessful season.

Nothing in our normal routine was changed. If anything the hunting was lighter this year. We lost 2 hunters and went down there only 4 weekends this season.

I havent heard many success stories (outside of here).
    Thoughts???

We're on the same lease!

Comment

We are super slow. Hoping MLD time pays off in some meat at least.[emoji1662]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        We are super slow. Hoping MLD time pays off in some meat at least.[emoji1662]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Doesn’t sound like you have an over population that would need MLD...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Two sits left tomorrow and if no buck I'm hanging it up until doe season late January.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Does eat better than bucks. My Grand kids kill me two every year.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              Doesn’t sound like you have an over population that would need MLD...

Doesn’t sound like you understand the MLD program.

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                For the first time in 20+ years... not one deer was killed on our lease/family farm this year!!!! Crazy as he!!.... we have tons of bucks on camera but 90% of the time they are nocturnal but plenty of doe running around all day/night.

We have decided that the lack of water on the property, plethora of acorns, cattle (leased) and no cover crop on our cultivated land (leased) has led to an unsuccessful season.

Nothing in our normal routine was changed. If anything the hunting was lighter this year. We lost 2 hunters and went down there only 4 weekends this season.

I havent heard many success stories (outside of here).
                Thoughts???
                We are having the same issue with mature bucks. Nocturnal unless you get lucky.

Comment

Same here... it happens

Comment

We’re having the same trouble. Been at the lease since Monday and don’t even have the bucks on camera like I did in October. Too many acorns and no cold weather hurt us this year. Next year should be plenty of deer running around

Comment

We ended up just heading out West to bag some meat last weekend!

Comment

Yup sounds familiar

Comment

Just think of what next season will bring. Especially preseason tactics we will be thinking about of how to overcome this catastrophe of this season. And heaven forbid if there is another bumper crop of acorns next season.

Comment

Same here. Not a deer killed on our place this season. Here now, but not seeing anything like it has been since late September when the acorns fell. I imagine the processing business is a little slower this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                              Doesn’t sound like you understand the MLD program.

Lol. Yeah I’ve only done prob 50 MLD applications for a bunch of different ranches. Maybe you can school me on something....

Comment

Working...
                              X