Dog door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog door

Looking for the best dog door for “country living”.
    Where various unwanted varmints may try to enter

FWIW. He is about 75 lbs and uses the heavy plastic type now in the city

Thank you

BP

Have ya thought about, just giving him a key.....

Comment

I use the plexidor. Seem to be built well and seals up pretty well.

Comment

There are ones that unlock when the dog gets near it with a matching collar.

Comment

Had a pet-safe dog door with the double flaps since 2007. Live in the county and never had anything come through it other than the dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by ggreg02 View Post
            Had a pet-safe dog door with the double flaps since 2007. Live in the county and never had anything come through it other than the dogs.
            Thanks. My wife is concerned. I have DPs and live traps for the occasional guests on camera.
            The reviews of the electronic ones All point to unreliability
            Is there a cover I can put over it while we are gone? Think your dog(s)
            Keep them out or the door?

Thanks again.

BP

Comment

Yep. It has a plastic cover that goes on the inside that seals it off. We close if off when we go out of town. We never had any issues. Not sure how people with dogs survive with out one. The Pet safe has multiple sizes. The double flap is the best. It seals the door on both the outside and inside.

We put ours in the wall. I like it better because you dot have to buy a special door.
              Last edited by ggreg02; 12-27-2019, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Make your home more dog-friendly with Gun Dog House Door's chew proof dog doors, pet heaters, and kennels. We offer standard and custom size pet doors.

Comment

Been very satisfied with my petsafe smart dog door with the key. Sure the batteries to out, but along with varmint/snake proof, it also has a thicker plastic door and is waay more energy efficient (heat/cold) then our previously flap model

Comment

I also was turned off by the mixed reviews on the automatic ones . And I’m glad I didn’t get one now with as much as my lab goes in and out with force there’s no way it would hold up. I got the higher end pet safe as well with the multiple flaps and the magnets / weather stripping etc. it has been very durable and I would recommend. Also has that plastic cover you can clamp on when you’re gone or don’t need it.

Only con for me - it’s loud AF LOL if I’m asleep upstairs and my lab goes out to the yard at midnight it will wake me.

Comment

We have 2 of the guillotine style automatic doors. They have been great so far. Only complaint is the collar batteries only last about90 days. We live out in the country as well. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks. Went with a large heavy gundog door. Interestingly, he weighs 70 lbs, but uses a small door now. Long and lanky. Unlike me.
                        Appreciate the advice

BP

Comment

Working...
                        X