Funny public land discoveries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
    Years ago I was way off in the backwater of Dam B off the Neches, came across a pile of chit with enough toilet paper to last a normal man a month.....10 yards further I found that duck hunters compass and duck call.
    You mind shipping that call and compass back to me?

Comment

Not a discovery but I was hunting New Year’s Eve with a buddy of mine a few years back, we were the only ones at the lease. The lease is located Deep South Texas by El Sauz, it was cold that night in the low 30’s. Around 3am we heard loud knocks on the door of our camper. We both jumped out of our beds and looked at each other, we talked loud amongst ourselves so whoever it was could hear us. I was a little freaked out but we were armed to the teeth. We never opened the door that night lol. We’ve had illegals go through camp and take the water and food we leave. They sometimes break into the houses to sleep but have never left a mess or had problems with them.

Comment

now I know how to keep trespassers off my land. I'm hanging my daughters old dolls all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
          I might just be a public land discovery on Monday haha! We'll see what happens when ole boy rolls up and finds me in the stand that's been claimed as his area. Surprise!!
          he might surprise you

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
            I might just be a public land discovery on Monday haha! We'll see what happens when ole boy rolls up and finds me in the stand that's been claimed as his area. Surprise!!
            Hunting another mans stand is bad karma. Surely you can find a better spot so neither of you gets their day ruined.

Comment

Buddy and I skipped school one morning ( around 1991 or so ) and headed Cagle Rec Area ( public boat ramp ) on Conroe. Pulled in an nobody was around till we heard someone across the little cove. They were....procrating....obviously. When they were done the guy said something about feeling guilty now and she said something to the effect of "heck no, screw him, I dont feel bad about it".

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Hunting another mans stand is bad karma. Surely you can find a better spot so neither of you gets their day ruined.
                Yea man, bad move. It’s public land but that doesn’t mean sit in the guys stand

Comment

Originally posted by muzzyslinger View Post
                  he might surprise you
                  I was surprised already after this guy walks in on me 30 minutes after daylight and starts putting up a stand 35yrds from me. When I alert him his response was don't worry I won't be long. Had to contain myself so my mouth didn't escalate the situation. I have only run across someone of this caliber twice. I said well now that you've ruined my set up I guess I'll just climb down and move to another spot. He stated he just walked a half mile in. I interrupt... to set up on my buddies back fence. He said nothing. After that exchange I climbed down and left him with the parting shot that he might find someone in his stand if he left it. He says go ahead hope you beat me here.
                  Sometimes it's just about principle. When someone shows the lack of respect in the manner he did I won't be worried about the short walk back to the truck empty handed. Maybe he will move the stand after a couple times walking a mile round trip for nothing. Maybe he won't I doubt it.
                  This spot is convenient for me because of the short walk plus I get to help my friend by keeping an eye out on his place. It's not my go to public spot. I don't leave anything out there for a reason but that's just me. I wished others had more respect sometimes it just has to be taught.

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                  Yea man, bad move. It’s public land but that doesn’t mean sit in the guys stand
                  See above he gave permission so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                    Buddy and I skipped school one morning ( around 1991 or so ) and headed Cagle Rec Area ( public boat ramp ) on Conroe. Pulled in an nobody was around till we heard someone across the little cove. They were....procrating....obviously. When they were done the guy said something about feeling guilty now and she said something to the effect of "heck no, screw him, I dont feel bad about it".
                    Lol we came up to that ramp one night after bowfishing with the lights and the generator running and came up on a very skinny red headed fellow up in the middle of a very large black gal in the back of his truck backed down to the water on the boat ramp. all he said was get those dang lights off me Lol ��
                    Last edited by mudkat; 10-04-2019, 10:22 PM.

Comment

creepiest thing i ever found was deep in the brush that you had to crawl on your hands and knees to get through back in some woods close to tomball .
                      i was doing some scouting and i saw a mound of dirt through the brush with not super fresh but not more than a month or so old dirt in a small clearing when i finally made it into the clearing you could see a shovel stuck in the top of the mound
                      i walked up closer and on the far side was a man size hole in the shape of a grave about 2-3 foot deep.
                      and i tell you what it was a bad feeling looking over the edge and into the hole to see if someone was in there.
                      It was empty thank goodness!
                      i checked back a few months later to see if it had been filled in but it was still there the way i found it
                      I always had the feeling someone planned to use it but chickened out and didn’t thank god !
                      Last edited by mudkat; 10-04-2019, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Years ago I was trailing a wounded deer way back in a big thicket and across a deep creek. I came upon a small clearing that had been recently cut. At the back of the clearing was a stage maybe 15 ft wide and 30 ft long. Built solid on cinder blocks and ply wood floor. The stage had a frame on It that looked like it once had a cutain. The center of the stage was covered in dried blood.

All that material had to be carried in there by hand. I saw their trail and walked it back to where they crossed that steep creek. It was a full mile to the nearest road in that direction. Remnants of several camp fires around the stage. Couldn't have been more than a couple days old. I we t back in there a couple years later and it was still there and the clearing was grown up like it hadn't been used again. No clue
                        I know a guy that in the 80s, 90s had a similar story. But he had walked up on people there. Shoot me a PM if you want the story, a little too disturbing to post on an open forum.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

A long time ago I slipped into a tree stand way before day light. Short time latter I could hear people coming and i can see head lights. I can hear one of the guys directing the others on were to go. I eased out of the stand and back up a little bit. One guy crawled up in the tree were I was. I just back out and left because I did not have permission to hunt there either.

Comment

Working...
                          X