2013 Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity

We’re going to buy a camper Monday but I’m wondering if anyone that has a 2013 Chevy Silverado 1500 Texas Edition can help me out. Looked at the owners manual and it doesn’t tell me my towing capacity. The camper has a Gross Weight at 9800lbs and a dry weight of 7583lbs. Will my truck pull this?

Originally posted by Kragan16 View Post
    We’re going to buy a camper Monday but I’m wondering if anyone that has a 2013 Chevy Silverado 1500 Texas Edition can help me out. Looked at the owners manual and it doesn’t tell me my towing capacity. The camper has a Gross Weight at 9800lbs and a dry weight of 7583lbs. Will my truck pull this?

Look at the sticker on your door jamb.

It will probably pull but it and you won’t like the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Like Mike said, it probably will, but you aren’t going to like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wouldn’t do that without a 3/4 ton

Comment

If it has a 5.3, its gonna be screaming to pull it. Thats alot of camper for that truck.

Comment

2013 1500 with the 5.3 has towing capacity of 7000 lbs. Z71 package about 1500 more. 6.2l engine bumps you to over 10000 lbs.
            Suspension and drive train wise you don't have enough. 5.3l Motor is strong enough but tranny is not and will overheat on a long pull.

Comment

Agreed, i had a 2012 GMC Z71 and there's no way i would pull a camper that heavy unless it was just across town.

Comment

My f250 powerstroke is hooked up to a similar weight trailer right now about to head out. Properly adjusted weight distribution hitch as well. Truck handles it no problem but I know it’s there for sure. No way I’d do it with a half ton. If you don’t break something and get there safely you’ll hate life the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kragan16 View Post
                  Doss your truck have the maxtow package? My wife has a 2018 tahoe texas edition and part of that package is the max tow package, lower gears, built in break control, upgraded transmission cooler. It pulls and stops our camper with ease at 9800# loaded. With a distribution hitch of course. I pull it with my f250 but her's can pull it too. If your buying from a dealership, they will plug your vin into some app and it will tell them if your rruck will haul it. When my wife was looking and told them that she wanted to be able to pull the camper with her tahoe if she had too the salesman told her she couldn't pull it and they had never heard of the Maxtow package. The salesman put her vin in and was surprised that she could pull it with room to spare.

Comment

I believe that with a load distribution hitch shes at 9000# towing.

Comment

Like others said. It will pull it. But not very well. Especially hills and longer hauls not gonna be a pleasant. I’d be looking for a bigger truck if your towing it a lot or a smaller camper

Comment

If you do get the 1500 make sure it has the towing pkg and 3.73 ratio rear end. Also do not tow in over-drive, keep it in drive.

Comment

Like most have already said sure it will pull it but the truck and you will not like it. A couple short trips a year you should be fine. Most people you see pulling a travel trailer down the highway are overloaded even with a 250/2500. Being overloaded and involved in an accident can be a bad situation depending on the severity of the accident.

Comment

We ended up getting a smaller camper for a better deal! Come to find out, his axle ratio is 3:42 which maxed out at 9500# but didn’t wanna test our limits. The camper I was questioning was already sold so it was probably a good thing. Thanks for all your guys help!

Comment

Working...
                            X