Best boat cleaners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best boat cleaners

I’m looking for recommendations to remove tough stains from inside and outside gel coat. I pressure washed and still can see dirt/mineral stains on smooth gel coat also have a few blood spots and rust in the inside of the boat.

Some one told me muraitic acid works great but I will need to wax the boat after words which I’m sure I Need to do anyways.

Looking for recommendations for both cleaning solution and wax. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starbright hull cleaner is quick and easy..

Buy it at academy.

Comment

The works toilet bowl cleaner works wonders.

I use star brite boat wash and wax citrus on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by topwater blowup View Post
        Starbright hull cleaner is quick and easy..

Buy it at academy.
        This is good stuff. For small rust spots you can use Baking Soda. Just add enough water to it to make a paste and use a tooth brush on the area you’re needing to clean.

Comment

I will tell you the most effective- The Works toilet bowl cleaner- put it on wait a minute or two and rinse off.

Collinite Fleetwax - follow instructions and only do a small area at a time. If it dries you will need jackhammer to get it off.

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Do not let "the works" get on any upholstery. I did this a few years back and all the threads basically disintegrated. Learned the hard way. Had to get 4 big boat cushions re-upholstered. Not cheap. Use the works on fiberglass only.

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
                Do not let "the works" get on any upholstery. I did this a few years back and all the threads basically disintegrated. Learned the hard way. Had to get 4 big boat cushions re-upholstered. Not cheap. Use the works on fiberglass only.
                Appreciate the heads up!

Comment

Starbrite boat cleaner for the hull and soft scrub for the floors and decks . . White CC . . Soft scrub with bleach . .

Comment

Vinegar

Comment

Once you get it like you like it I'd recommend getting some Lucas Oil Speed Wax. Spray it on and wipe it off after you clean it. It will keep that scum line off, and makes it super easy to clean after each use.

Comment

For a quick wipe-down I use toilet bowl cleaner mixed with Windex. Spray on then wipe off. We had issues earlier this summer with orange spots EVERYWHERE. Took a while but finally learned it was spray sunscreen bonding with the iron in the water. Googled it a bunch and got some Bar Keeper's Friend. That stuff is magic!

2007 Champion in case you were wondering.

Comment

30 second outdoor cleaner, is good stuff..

Comment

Lime away

Comment

Lime A-Way works great for me for getting of hard water spots. Wet the boat and then spray some lime a way on the gel coat and let it sit for a bit and then rinse off. I'll spray and wipe on some of the harder spots. Just like the works make sure you get it all off, there is a bit of acid in it. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X