Removing mildew from house siding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing mildew from house siding?

What suggestions do you have about pressure washing to remove light stain from mildew on stucco and siding.
    I have looked at low pressure chemical treatments but would like I put on what others have had good luck with..

Bleach is the common response but wonder what other stuff is supposed to be good.
    Thx

Normal bleach is about 1.5%...

I use swimming pool bleach from walmart it is 10%....cut it 50/50 in a pump up sprayer or a bottle that hooks to the water hose and spray up to 20 feet.....works great, then just rinse off after 15 mins....

Comment

Jomax.

Comment

I use Consan triple action 20. Works great, hurts nothing

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
        Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
          This stuff works!!!

Comment

My house is white Hardi-plank and my office is too. They both had mildew and green mold. I sprayed both with this Jomax and about a week later, they looked like they had been freshly painted. It's been 2 years ago, and I'm just now seeing a bit of a return. Gonna jump on it early this time. This is money well spent!

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
            I use Consan triple action 20. Works great, hurts nothing

This stuff is good for just about any kind of disinfectant cleaning!! I've been using it for probably 30 years! Learned about it listening to Dewey Compton's Garden show on KTRH radio! It is great to use indoors to kill mold/mildew, neutralize odors, you name it! Great Stuff!!

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
            Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Vinegar.

Comment

Wet and Forget! And it keep it off for 6+ months. I put it in siding, concrete, & picnic tables. It works great.

Comment

Pressure washing should work fine. Just be careful how much pressure you use, or you will also be repainting.

Comment

I didn't know JoMax was a Rustoleum product. It works great though. Our old house had white vinyl siding and was constantly fighting mildew on the north side, at least until I discovered JoMax. Good product.

Comment

I have a neighbor that used 30 Second Outdoor Cleaner and it worked fantastic. I picked up a gallon this weekend to use on some outdoor furniture and side of the house. He was very pleased how his Stucco cleaned up.

Comment

Agree. This works great.

Comment

I used a bottle of Gone! mildew remover the other day and it worked great. Spray on and then rinse with water. Just don't be downwind.

Comment

Thanks. Going to look into this product. I have yellow vinyl siding on the farm house I live in. Thanks.

Comment

I just used “30 seconds” this past weekend. Worked pretty good. Expensive but really not hard. I got it at Lowe’s

Comment

Working...
                              X