Anybody bass fish Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody bass fish Mexico?

Going to Mexico for 9 days at the end of March to fish el salto, picacchos, and camadero. Was curious if anyone here has been and if so got any input on dos and donts. Really wanting to catch a double digit fish since I never have and this will be my best chance. Thanks in advance

Been wanting to take my dad to do this. Following for info.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive always wanted to fish El Salto. No experience here to share but im full of jealousy!

Comment

I usually like to fish at night over on the Mexico side of Falcon.

Comment

Ronald Martin likes to fish the Banjo Mino on El Salto

Comment

Fished Falcon years ago when I had a deer lease in Zapata. Great fishing but I'm not that mad at the bass anymore.

Comment

I've been to el salto but it's been a few years 4 of us went it was in march it was a great time but only one guy caught a double digit fish we caught some nice fish in the 5-7 range our best luck was flipping jigs and spinner baits !! I caught my biggest on a Carolina rig pumpkin seed lizard ... it weighed almost 8 lbs I think when lake falcon is really hot it's better then el salto just my opinion a lot cheaper too !!

Comment

Been to El Salto several times. I have two double digit bass from there. I would think that with 9 days and 3 diff lakes the odds are in your favor. Most of our fish came on watermelon and pumpkin seed colored 10" lizards rigged Carolina style and big spinner baits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    Yeah help them run there nets and take all there talopia lol

Comment

Big swim baits if you're wanting quality. You won't get many bites but when you do it will more than likely be a good one.

What lodge are you staying at?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        Big swim baits if you're wanting quality. You won't get many bites but when you do it will more than likely be a good one.

What lodge are you staying at?
                        Going through Ron Speed Adventures

Comment

I used to fish falcon back in the day and catch some really good fish every time. With everything going on these days I would take my chances at falcon before I would go over to Mexico and fish. I have seen plenty of double digits pulled out of that lake.

Comment

Been many many times. Listen to your guide. We always pulled our own boats, even to Salto (just go to Arizona and take a left ) and fished at night. Big lizards texas rigged, jigs with full sized brush hogs and carolina rigged big worms. Friend I took to Guerrero caught a 15 pounder and brother in law caught a 14 on El Salto. But they were all caught at night. Speeds guides will have the lowdown on what has been consistent and they WANT you to catch a biggun for the tip. It's a great trip. Don't put too much pressure on yourself, relax and you'l catch a good one!

Comment

Working...
                            X