State Fair Canceled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Fair Canceled!

Come on people! At least wait to see whats up closer to October! All these kids projects lost again!

Got a text from my fraternity brother about 30 minutes ago. Looks like the NCAA and various football teams will be left to decide if they will hold the annual games.

Comment

Think of all of the local economy $ lost, vendors, etc.

Comment

dang that's terrible. I guess that is loud and clear that they do not expect us to be past this virus crud till after then

Comment

Should've just delayed it til November. Too bad.

Comment

The gilmer yamboree is canceled too, only other time its been canceled was during ww2...

Comment

Sad deal for everyone.

Comment

You would think the powers to be could figure out something for the state fair. Can’t they do the animal shows and projects on tv without an audience? It’s a lot of work to raise show animals and not at least try something.

Comment

They are going to try to cancel everything. Sports, school, events, everything! Suggest putting off the election for a year or two in the name of "safety" and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    You would think the powers to be could figure out something for the state fair. Can’t they do the animal shows and projects on tv without an audience? It’s a lot of work to raise show animals and not at least try something.
                    This right here! All those kids had to buy their projects weeks or months ago. At least for anything sheep/pig size or bigger. This cancel crap is getting MORE ridiculous by the day

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                      This right here! All those kids had to buy their projects weeks or months ago. At least for anything sheep/pig size or bigger. This cancel crap is getting MORE ridiculous by the day
                      "The fair said they were fortunate to be in a healthy financial position and that nonprofit efforts will continue and that the Big Tex Youth Livestock Auction and livestock shows, Big Texas Scholarship Program, Big Tex Urban Farms and other community outreach initiatives will continue to have funding."

I'm not exactly sure what this statement means

Comment

Maybe they will just give every kid some money that was registered. Thats what Houston is supposedly doing but we are still waiting on that and its July already?

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                          They are going to try to cancel everything. Sports, school, events, everything! Suggest putting off the election for a year or two in the name of "safety" and see what happens.
                          This is what everyone needs to look at and realize......it’s only a huge issue/threat where “they” want it to be.

I’m not going to get all political because this isn’t the place for it, but at this point, that’s all this virus is.....political.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                            dang that's terrible. I guess that is loud and clear that they do not expect us to be past this virus crud till after then

Won’t end till after the election.

Comment

As a vendor at the state fair I'm glad they canceled it now, unlike Houston, and let us set up and get started just to shut us down 8 days into the show. At least we know now it's canceled.... now to find another source of income for our small family business. Feel bad for the kids as well, but at least they're not moved into the barns with hotels, meals, ect cost, just to load back up and head home. I think it's a little excessive as others, but I was afraid we would be 5 days into the show and they would cancel it.... guess that's the silver lining here.

Comment

Working...
                              X