Prayers for Smart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    Good deal Jason! Glad everything is going good.

It is so far, thankfully...... Still have a few hurdles but so far we are moving in the right direction[emoji41]. No more sesame seed buns on the BK you bring me [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Milking what? [emoji3166]I wish going home meant it was over. I’d be ecstatic

I’m glad to be home. No more alarms, no bells, no blood takes at 3:15 am. Very quiet and my home and restful. But I’m not out of the woods yet, unfortunately. I am sitting here at home with a drain bag attached to a small tube coming out of my gut to drain the perforation abscess wound as it heals internally. Supposed to have it in for a week... if all goes well, they yank the tube next Friday, and I start several more weeks of antibiotics to continue the healing. If not, then the decision is more drain bag time or off to surgery with a possible temporary colostomy bag. Hoping for the bag yank and moving on.
      Dang. That sounds awful. Better than surgery though...
      Hope all goes well.

Comment

Prayers for Smart

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
        What antibiotic do they have you on Jason?

Augmentin right now. Not sure what it was via IV before

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
          Dang. That sounds awful. Better than surgery though...
          Hope all goes well.

Thanks man... that drain is a pita but all my cramps and spasms went away as soon as they installed it.... going on 24 hours now. Only time they come now is when Mother Nature says it’s time [emoji41][emoji23]. That has taken a step towards normalcy even at 5-6 times a day [emoji33]... but compared to the first 4-5 days it has been a solid improvement.... although solid may be the wrong word to use..[emoji23]

Comment

Milking what? [emoji3166]I wish going home meant it was over. I’d be ecstatic

I’m glad to be home. No more alarms, no bells, no blood takes at 3:15 am. Very quiet and my home and restful. But I’m not out of the woods yet, unfortunately. I am sitting here at home with a drain bag attached to a small tube coming out of my gut to drain the perforation abscess wound as it heals internally. Supposed to have it in for a week... if all goes well, they yank the tube next Friday, and I start several more weeks of antibiotics to continue the healing. If not, then the decision is more drain bag time or off to surgery with a possible temporary colostomy bag. Hoping for the bag yank and moving on.
            Boy I know getting out of there is a relief. Sounds painful. You have any good pain meds if so drink a couple of beers with them seems to kick up the affect [emoji23]. Get well Man

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Forgot to mention that tube was added about 2 hours before I was about to go home ....I was told we were just going to drain it that am and then I’d be good to go home. When I was getting put on the procedure table later, my doctor said we decided we want you to keep it in for awhile ... for maximum ability to heal. So my being sent home celebration went from awesome to ***?[emoji23][emoji23]. I’m used to it now but it took some rigging to make it comfortable. They send you home with a tube connected fo a clear suction bulb with no straps... just a safety pin and a loop. [emoji2359]I had to MacGyver a few parachute cord lanyards so I could be hands free ... look like a dude wearing a strapped over the shoulder coin purse now [emoji38]

Comment

I pray for your healing Mr. Smart. He is the great Physician brother.

Comment

Great news that you are home and on the mend. Take it easy, because you are healing from the inside out. Thank goodness you saw those MacGyver TV shows and were able to rig up a hands free fix for that tube. Remember, most of life’s problems can be solved using MacGyver ideas and parachute cord. OK, and duct tape. Keep posting and keep getting better.

Comment

Wife gets that stuff. I know it is tough. Prayers up.

Comment

Prayers continue for a full and speedy recovery!!!

Comment

Now this is getting good

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up brother.

Comment

Prayers for continued healing!

Comment

Thanks man... that drain is a pita but all my cramps and spasms went away as soon as they installed it.... going on 24 hours now. Only time they come now is when Mother Nature says it’s time [emoji41][emoji23]. That has taken a step towards normalcy even at 5-6 times a day [emoji33]... but compared to the first 4-5 days it has been a solid improvement.... although solid may be the wrong word to use..[emoji23]
                              Glad you still have some sense of humor! Keep it in the right direction....

Comment

Forgot to mention that tube was added about 2 hours before I was about to go home ....I was told we were just going to drain it that am and then I’d be good to go home. When I was getting put on the procedure table later, my doctor said we decided we want you to keep it in for awhile ... for maximum ability to heal. So my being sent home celebration went from awesome to ***?[emoji23][emoji23]. I’m used to it now but it took some rigging to make it comfortable. They send you home with a tube connected fo a clear suction bulb with no straps... just a safety pin and a loop. [emoji2359]I had to MacGyver a few parachute cord lanyards so I could be hands free ... look like a dude wearing a strapped over the shoulder coin purse now [emoji38]
                                Glad your home, the rest can be dealt with

Comment

Working...
                                X