SD card problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD card problem

After I check the pictures on the cards from my cameras I format them in order to use them again. I am starting to have some problems with some of my cards in that when I put them back in my camera I am getting the message "SD card full". All of the pictures have been the deleted and the card formatted. I am using Browning cameras. Has anyone else had that problem or know a fix.

I don’t think they make SD cards like they use to. I don't run Browning cameras but why do have to reformat after deleting pictures?

Comment

I have seen issues taking sd cards from different brand cams and mixing them up when placing them back. I don't know why it happens as it should not matter. I know some cams download some type of software onto the ad card but I am not sure what it is or does.

My suggestion would be to not format the cards. If you feel inclined to format them, I would do it in the camera it self. Most cameras have that option available. Reformatting the cards in the cams always solved the issue above however we would miss out on pics between visits. the cams would not save pics until the sd cards were formatted by the camera itself.
      Last edited by Pedernal; 07-04-2020, 12:43 PM.

Comment

On my cards, I view the pics without downloading them, only copying the ones I want to keep. Then I go to the folder the pics are in on the SD card, and delete the folder. I use cards interchangeably between different game cams, plus two different Canon digital cameras. I don't re-format.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
          After I check the pictures on the cards from my cameras I format them in order to use them again. I am starting to have some problems with some of my cards in that when I put them back in my camera I am getting the message "SD card full". All of the pictures have been the deleted and the card formatted. I am using Browning cameras. Has anyone else had that problem or know a fix.

Do you format them on your camera or on your reading device/laptop?

My only two SD card full issues have been a bad card and a bad camera. I specifically use Transcends cards and have done so for 13 years. No issues except the one bad one. Have you tried cleaning out the SD card are in your camera ? Sometimes ants get in there and wreak havoc

Comment

SD card problem

I just hit “delete all” on the camera and have never had an issue with my Brownings.

Remove, view on computer, copy wanted pics, remove card from computer, put back in camera, delete all, ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
              I just hit “delete all” on the camera and have never had an issue with my Brownings.

Remove, view on computer, copy wanted pics, remove card from computer, put back in camera, delete all, ready to go.

This. Use the camera to delete all.. Then I guess it formats the card.. Works for us.

Comment

My cuddy does that when the batteries get low.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post

This what I do, always worked for me.

Comment

Agreed. The cameras format delete works best for us. .... that’s why I asked ..

Comment

I format when changing cameras. As someone said if I switch cameras the card will often not work until formatted. I used to write numbers on the cards and the cameras to make sure they were being used with the same camera every time but that usually lasts only a while before they get all mixed up. I move cameras onto different properties all the time when trapping and new hunting spots so they get all messed up.

Comment

All cards not created equal especially after some use. For almost 12 years now I use Sandisk exclusively and reformat to delete on windows pc with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                          All cards not created equal especially after some use. For almost 12 years now I use Sandisk exclusively and reformat to delete on windows pc with no issues.
                          this is what I do. Cheap sd cards are the devil. Nothing more frustrating than missing several weeks of important pics due to card malfunction.

Comment

Typically the device being used needs to do the formatting. I've see this issue with flash drives as well as cameras in general. Normally, formatting from the camera itself sets up the card to be used for that device, theoretically.

Comment

I have had multiple SD cards go bad recently. I have found they only seem to be good for so many pictures, then they die.

Comment

Working...
                              X