Any arborists on Tbh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any arborists on Tbh?

Long story short, my neighbor is building a pool and I allowed access through my side yard to prevent having to remove my oak trees. While removing excavated material the crew has completely torn up the side of my oak. The tree is about 18 inches around and I bet they have chipped away 1.5 to 2 inches of bark to the point where the tree has some serious gouges in it.

I have sent pics to the nieghbor and I will be having a conversation with the pool company personally. I am concerned about the health of the tree at this point and will it ever recover back to normal. Is there monetary value to the tree? if so how much? Never had this happen before so not sure what to ask for or anything at all.

Any insight would be helpful and if anyone can recommend an arborist in the San Antonio area I would love to have them come and take a look at it.

***i want to keep this as friendly and fair as possible for all parties, I am not looking to gain exponentially from this but I do feel there is negligence on the pool companies behalf. They are to return my yard as it was before but I cannot see how they can do that with a chewed up tree.****

See pic belowClick image for larger version

Name:	61549721010__898550AC-9559-4ADB-956D-6EA509949E0A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	25215485

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oaks are hard to kill. I would paint it with numerous coats........

Comment

Sackett

Comment

I'm a forestry guy and agree w Johnny. Paint w wound paint from a good nursery. If you can't find it paint w black paint. Should be okay. Yank a knot in the contractor's tail but ultimately your neighbor is responsible.

Comment

Wait...what? Your neighbors pool was going to cause you to remove trees?

Comment

Originally posted by Rustled Again View Post
            I'm a forestry guy and agree w Johnny. Paint w wound paint from a good nursery. If you can't find it paint w black paint. Should be okay. Yank a knot in the contractor's tail but ultimately your neighbor is responsible.

Thanks guys, I sent sackett a pm. It’s been painted as there is concern for wilt in our area. I’ll talk with the contractor to see what resealable solution we can com up with.

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
              Thanks guys, I sent sackett a pm. It’s been painted as there is concern for wilt in our area. I’ll talk with the contractor to see what resealable solution we can com up with.
              It may take him a bit to reply. He is out of town with his family. I would take his opinion to the bank once you get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                ^^^???^^^ X 2

I think it will make it as long as the wilt doesn't get into it...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  They would have had to remove one of mine and one of his. It’s not a large side yard for either of us and in order to get equipment back there (to stay out of my yard) they would have had to take them down unless they went through mine. Also saved him a bunch of cash because they could now get a regular skid steer and mini X if we went this route.
                  Last edited by jason86; 07-04-2020, 10:36 AM. Reason: ..

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    It may take him a bit to reply. He is out of town with his family. I would take his opinion to the bank once you get it.
                    Thank you, I’m no expert in this area. Most I’ve done with trees is take them down lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                      They would have had to remove one of mine and one of his. It’s not a large side yard for either of us and in order to get equipment back there (to stay out of my yard) they would have had to take them down unless they went through mine. Also saved him a bunch of cash because they could now get a regular skid steer and mini X if we went this route.
                      He let you keep YOUR tree and you saved him a lot of cash by allowing use of your yard for his pool. You are one hell of a neighbor.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        He let you keep YOUR tree and you saved him a lot of cash by allowing use of your yard for his pool. You are one hell of a neighbor.
                        My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          I try to be and he has been awesome. He did have a hackberry tree removed for me (that was in the way for equipment). My side side area wasn’t special as I have yet to landscape it yet.

Comment

Sounds like his yard was not supposed to have a pool to me.

Comment

If you get wilt in that tree it’s likely to spread to the others..Something to think about..

Comment

Working...
                              X