Your thoughts on Texas seceding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
    however, a Christian conservative government would succeed.
    Like in the Handmaid’s Tale? Or the War After Armageddon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Too late. The people we would want to get away from (the woke crowd) already runs the major cities and makes up about 50% of the population. There won't be any secession or civil war. Anarchy is an unfortunate possibility though, and we've seen some small examples of it already.

Comment

I could go for it!! But in all reality, Ultrastealth is right, the wokes already run the big cities, so we woud need them to leave first. But TEXAS IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY in the world!!

Comment

Every day Texas becomes more and more blue and you are having a secession conversation? Texas is becoming part of the problem.

Comment

2024 Texas will be Blue so good luck with seceding...

Comment

The USA would kick our AZZ. We do not have a standing army that could even come close to taking on USA.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Dumb fantasy at this point. The major cities are all ran by Liberal Democrats anyway. The Country of Texas wouldn’t end up looking like you think it would.
                But I best most true Texans wish we would have done it or something a long time ago. Anything that would have kept us from being filled with Californians and other liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                  Never happen. Ports of Houston, Beaumont, and Corpus Christi are critical national infrastructure. Petrochemical and refining industries are critical national infrastructure. The federal government would secure the ports and refineries, and if need be shut down any traffic or supplies coming in through the highways. ExxonMobil, foreign shipping companies, and most of industry would support the federal govt in the interest of avoiding disruption to their cash flow or loss of facilities. We’d be choked out in a matter of weeks. Illegals would flood north from Mexico, including the cartels. Investment would be diverted away from the state, companies would leave, and because of all the chaos, nobody external to Texas would accept our currency. MD Anderson, gone. Oilfield, gone. Airlines, gone. Our way of life, gone.

I agree, the US could take those approaches, and try to secure our ports/refineries (though that would probably make Texans even more mad and steadfast) but that would also mean declaring war against the new country of Texas, a nation that was once a part of them. Probably wouldn't go over well in this new age of kumbayah, lets everyone hug it out, make love not war, USA. If secession were to happen, it would happen diplomatically. In the courts, etc... Yes, Texas' borders would need to be secured, and trade deals struck to keep amicable business going, but it could be done. Some businesses may leave, but Texas has always been pro business, which is why it is as wealthy as it is. Again, the US could put tariffs, duties, pressure on companies to keep them from doing business here, but that would be taking a strong approach against Texas. Stronger even than what is currently going on with China. If Texas was full of the same type of spirited people that first won her independence, I say bring all that on. Problem is as the years go on with what the new world is, Texas is slowly losing its identity, as are all the other states, and the country is just becoming more of the same... So finding enough of the same ilk of people that made Texas so great in the first place is going to be almost impossible. It will no doubt take HARD work, and unfortunately that turns a lot of people off.

Comment

Like in the Handmaid’s Tale? Or the War After Armageddon?

Oh right, because Hollywood offers accurate portrayals of Christians and conservatives.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      2024 Texas will be Blue so good luck with seceding...
                      While no one can argue we're becoming more liberal by the day people have been making this same claim every two years for like 20 years now. I hope you're wrong this time too.

Regarding secession, its fantasy and if it were not consider the following.
                      Are you a military aged male or do you father any military aged males?
                      If you answered yes to either or both you'd better consider the consequences of what an attempt to secede would bring.
                      Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 07-02-2020, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                        Oh right, because Hollywood offers accurate portrayals of Christians and conservatives.

Ok, actual history then. The reason America was settled.

Comment

This is about the 50th time this has been on TBH in my 19 years or so!
                          Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
                          We have our own power grid so I think it could be done. We just may have to implement our own income tax.

No one will ever convince me we take in more federal dollars than we pay out. So if we keep all those same dollars instead of the feds spending it elsewhere, we should be the same, if not better off from that stand point.

The concerns I have:
                          1). Kicking out all the California types.
                          2) Building the wall to keep them from coming back.
                          3). Keeping the Russia’s and China’s in the world from trying to take us over.
                          I'm out!
                          Never happen. Ports of Houston, Beaumont, and Corpus Christi are critical national infrastructure. Petrochemical and refining industries are critical national infrastructure. The federal government would secure the ports and refineries, and if need be shut down any traffic or supplies coming in through the highways. ExxonMobil, foreign shipping companies, and most of industry would support the federal govt in the interest of avoiding disruption to their cash flow or loss of facilities. We’d be choked out in a matter of weeks. Illegals would flood north from Mexico, including the cartels. Investment would be diverted away from the state, companies would leave, and because of all the chaos, nobody external to Texas would accept our currency. MD Anderson, gone. Oilfield, gone. Airlines, gone. Our way of life, gone.

Probably the best response in the 50 some odd posts on this same subject!!! Thanks for the summary of facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
                            We have our own power grid so I think it could be done. We just may have to implement our own income tax.
                            Technically yes. But the current grid doesn't have enough power in it to sustain Texas current energy demands. Too much power comes from out of state, including Mexico, and power stations that rely on wind to generate power. Not saying agreements wouldn't be reached, but it would drive up electricity cost.

Comment

The trade embargo's and economic warfare from the US would absolutely crush us.

Comment

I feel like the balkanization of the USA is a more realistic (while still unrealistic lol) option.

Comment

Working...
                                X