Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pilar View Post
    IMO your information about capacity and layoffs is not up to date
    I hope I am 100% wrong, but in the major metropolitan areas the hospitals are filling up pretty fast
    I have a good friend who manages emergency care for the largest hospital group in Houston. With elective surgeries being canceled again, he says layoffs are inevitable. He also told me they are becoming overwhelmed with covid patients. Especially in their ERs.

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
      When “COVID related symptoms” encompasses every symptom of the flu, the common cold and any other “not wellness”, and the media (and social media) are touting horrendously inflated figures and stirring panic, it’s no wonder everyone is getting tested now.

OPINION ALERT: We’re not having a surge in cases, we’re having a surge in testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you are in the medical field?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

No orders have affected my life yet. Retired piddler with a few cows to attend to. Carry on fellers!

Comment

With the dust storms a lot of folks will get congested and tested. More cases. Hoping we reach 50% with antibodies sooner than later

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
            Were any of the 15 hospitalized?
            Not so far. It is a devoloping situation though.

Several have pretty significant pre existing conditions. So hopefully it doesnt turn bad for anybody.

Its crazy how it isnt bad for most folks but then you hear of horror stories for seemingly healthy people.

I know of 2 people who have had it recently who were hospitalized before they recovered and you would never have thought it would have affected them so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
              Not so far. It is a devoloping situation though.

Several have pretty significant pre existing conditions. So hopefully it doesnt turn bad for anybody.

Its crazy how it isnt bad for most folks but then you hear of horror stories for seemingly healthy people.

I know of 2 people who have had it recently who were hospitalized before they recovered and you would never have thought it would have affected them so bad.
              i agree, it seems very random on how it is affecting people. i have yet to know anyone personally that has tested positive but have a few friends that know people and as far i can remember, all of them were asymptomatic or had very mild symptoms.

that being said, we are fairly sure that my wife had it the week before christmas and i have never seen her so sick. she didnt leave the bedroom for 6 or 7 days and said she thought she was dying. it was rough. she tested negative for everything at the doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                I get it. I hope you'll sign up for the Sarcasm 101 class I'm offering next week.

I knew it was, but that is a lot of people’s actual answer lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  IMO your information about capacity and layoffs is not up to date
                  I hope I am 100% wrong, but in the major metropolitan areas the hospitals are filling up pretty fast

If it’s all political/ deep state trumps CV19 health advisers should be fired

Certain hospitals, not all and that is by design.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    Hospitals are saying they will not fill up. TCM just wanted to create a stir. Every other hospital in Houston has said A) They have enough room and typically operate at the same level they are currently at, and B) If they needed to add beds, they have the availability. They also say they don't see that needing to happen.
                    Herd infection is our friend, the sooner the better. Protect /shelter the elderly and let the corvid 19 virus run its course without running out of hospital beds/ventilators.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                      ......I now get all of my news from all of you fools on here.

Also the guard rails out here along FM1488 told the Governor they appreciated the relief. Darn drunks take them out quicker than they can be repaired/replaced.

Comment

Working...
                      X