Abbott shutting us down again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Imagine if they hadn’t shut the economy down for no reason for three months, when there were virtually no cases here… And let the medical system do its job until we needed to shut down… We’d be on the backside of this thing by now, and closings would be much easier to take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No room for logic in this.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
      It’s absolutely time to push back on this. The majority of new cases in Texas are in the age group of 19 to 30 year old. . Who was rioting in the streets by the tens of thousands? Sure looked like 19-30 year-olds, predominantly. Yeah they told us there would be no noticeable spike. This is all load of crap. This is Texas. It’s time to take a stand, gentlemen.

Any of your small business owners that are going to reject this upcoming lockdown, I will happily support you in anyway that I can. Just let me know
      While I agree with you, in Lubbock last week or the week before a lot of students came back and went to bars since they had reopened. Cases skyrocketed in Lubbock after that, with the majority of popular bars being labeled as exposure sites. It is not just the protestors causing the spikes, the people going out and partying on the weekends or going out for drinks with coworkers that are also causing the spikes.

Comment

Sooo.... do I still have equal right to protest the orders? Or are only people with more melatonin and lower income allowed to protest things? Is there a racially ambiguous equally annoyed clause? Lol.

I dont blame Abbott. He gave his word as to exactly what he would do and he stood by it. I'm more annoyed by local govt.

Comment

Those idiots own as much of that river as you do.

I’d give the drunks the majority ownership. Alcohol tax revenue in comal county alone has to be impressive in a normal year.

Amazing what folks are fine with until a piece of it impacts them.

Comment

Ever wonder what all the strippers are doing these days?

Comment

Those idiots own as much of that river as you do.
              Guess I'm one of those "idiots" from Houston

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
                Idiot of the day award goes to...

How many jobs will be affected? Bar and Restaurant owners are taking the hits. What about bartenders and waitresses? Food and Alcohol sales. Truck drives that deliver the alcohol and food. Its much more then just a bar being shut down. Most restaurants cannot make profit at 50%.

Do not forget about seasonal jobs that will take a major profit loss because "drunken idiots" cannot "flock" to the river.
                Don't forget the sales tax

That revenue is a huge part of municipalities budget....some I know are looking at 15% reduction to 2021 budget.

Comment

Imagine if they hadn’t shut the economy down for no reason for three months, when there were virtually no cases here… And let the medical system do its job until we needed to shut down… We’d be on the backside of this thing by now, and closings would be much easier to take.

That would have been the best option. We will all be exposed to it at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                    Sooo.... do I still have equal right to protest the orders? Or are only people with more melatonin and lower income allowed to protest things? Is there a racially ambiguous equally annoyed clause? Lol.

I dont blame Abbott. He gave his word as to exactly what he would do and he stood by it. I'm more annoyed by local govt.
                    If they had more melatonin they would just be sleeping and not protesting.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                      I’d give the drunks the majority ownership. Alcohol tax revenue in comal county alone has to be impressive in a normal year.

Amazing what folks are fine with until a piece of it impacts them.

That same guy got mad about people referring to those who throw cigarrette butts out the window, as "idiots".

I'm goin to the Frio in a couple weeks...and I'ma think of him every time I pee on myself in the river.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                        If they had more melatonin they would just be sleeping and not protesting.
                        Lol that's funny. Apparently my keyboard thinks melanin is racist. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                          Why the explicit targeting of "Rafting and Tubing" businesses? That's a strange one....well, they're all strange, but this one is explicitly.
                          Not sure but i know 15 plus people personally that got it at frio. A bunch of my family and the other side of their family

Im sure it was more from them staying in large river cabins togerher, hanging out drinking and cooking etc. Not the actual act of floating the river.

Nobody knows who got it first or from where but it seems like it spread to nearly the whole group do far during the course of their stay there.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                            Thats the only thing they are doing right.

The government has no authority to stop those.
                            You're right if it is protest. What we have been seeing isn't protest. Looting and burning property is a crime. Those people should be charged.

Comment

so protest and riots are off the table now?????

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                                so protest and riots are off the table now?????
                                It is ok if you are a demo or Marxist!

Comment

Working...
                                X