No announcement yet.

No Haggle Car Dealerships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought two vehicles from AutoNation last year...hands down the easiest vehicle purchases I've ever made. Could I have saved a few bucks elsewhere? Probably. But the ease of the transaction was well worth it to me.

On a side note, I just bought a vehicle from the local Honda dealer for one of my sales guys and it was a nightmarish process. Should've gone back to AutoNation.

Chris

Comment

I enjoy to haggle and was recently brought to the light and shown to haggle via email/phone rather than going in.

That being said the "no haggle" dealerships are absolute BS in my opinion. They basically set a price below blue book value and say "You do not have to haggle because our price is so good and we will make the experience painless" when it should said "We hate long conversations and haggling so we knock the price down just enough to shut you up and created this stigma/illusion on a awesome deal with no haggling"

In the last 5 vehicles I have purchased for me or my wife none of the "no haggle" places were remotely close to the deals that were made.

Now if you hate wheeling and dealing I can see where that could be appealing where you get a decentish deal and minimal talking.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        And there it is.
        There are too many good tools to not know what fair pricing is. Do your homework and shop.
        I do it all online except signing the paperwork.

Gary
        Lol, sometimes its fun to go in and haggle all day with no target. I find it entertaining at least. When they move their target, I move mine.

Comment

Texas direct will come off of their price about $2k.

Comment

I don't have that kind of time. For me buying a vehicle is like any other business transaction.
            I have customers ask now and then how they can get the price down on a job and I give them all the same answer.
            For me my price is my price. Whether it is what I'm willing to pay or what I charge for services. I'm not in the business of trying to get over on anyone whether I'm buying or selling.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              Lol, sometimes its fun to go in and haggle all day with no target. I find it entertaining at least. When they move their target, I move mine.
              When I bought my last truck I walked out like I was looking around. Already knew what truck I was after. Salesman came out and I told him what I thought was fair. Without stating his intentions, he walked me back to my current truck and told me to have a nice day. When he was walking back inside I thought, "****, that was a pretty smooth move Mr. Salesman."

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                I don't have that kind of time. For me buying a vehicle is like any other business transaction.
                I have customers ask now and then how they can get the price down on a job and I give them all the same answer.
                For me my price is my price. Whether it is what I'm willing to pay or what I charge for services. I'm not in the business of trying to get over on anyone whether I'm buying or selling.

Gary
                Word

Comment

So there are people that pay sticker price since they refuse to haggle? Or is this only for used vehicles? Innnnnnersting....as my ol' pops used to say.

Comment

It's a game with vehicles. They have their games they play to confuse and wear you down. They have 3 areas to make money: price, trade, finance. Negotiate one at a time and never ever mention payments. Sometimes it's good to let them finance you and make a little, especially if you have pre-approved outside financing. They get a kickback from the finance company (win for them), you probably get to keep a rebate, then you go to your bank on Monday and re-fi.....win for them, win for you.
                    Do your homework. They hate that. If you understand how the fees and add-ons affect your payment, you can negotiate intelligently.
                    I went with my daughter to buy her first new vehicle a few months ago. It was an ordeal, but we got the deal we wanted. At the end of it, the sales manager said "What are you, an accountant?" As a matter of fact, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      The easiest vehicle purchase Ive ever had was with CarMax.

I got the loan thru my bank, bank emailed me a letter. I showed up signed and left
                      same here, it was pretty easy. And they're friendly as well.

Comment

We just bought a car from Enterprise Car Sales a few weeks ago and it was easy. They were a couple thousand less than Carmax for the same vehicle. No haggle, low-pressure, no additional fees, etc.

Not renting many cars right now and trying to sell them.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                          I’m noticing that there are a lot of car dealerships who are going to a “no haggle” setup. A few popular ones like AutoNation, CarMax and Texas Direct Auto are pretty dead set on not haggling, on used vehicles anyways.

I’m curious if anyone has any experience dealing with these dealerships?

Do they tack on stupid fees to the deal on the end?

What’s typical for fees now days?

Basically, what should I expect when purchasing from them? I am looking at a used Expedition from AutoNation currently.
                          normal fees:

Sales Tax: 6.25% of sales price or trade difference in trading in a vehicle

VIT(vehicle inventory tax) Tax: Can't remember exact % but think it is about 0.5%

Registration: Car is 68.80 and truck is by weight, but should be less than $100.00

State Inspection: $10.50ish

Doc Prep: this is what a dealer charges YOU to do their paperwork, but it is a standard fee. $50-200

Everything else is stupid fees.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                              I’m noticing that there are a lot of car dealerships who are going to a “no haggle” setup. A few popular ones like AutoNation, CarMax and Texas Direct Auto are pretty dead set on not haggling, on used vehicles anyways.

I’m curious if anyone has any experience dealing with these dealerships?

Do they tack on stupid fees to the deal on the end?

What’s typical for fees now days?

Basically, what should I expect when purchasing from them? I am looking at a used Expedition from AutoNation currently.
                              [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iaS9Cc8yzU"]CAR DEALER DOC FEES Explained. Why you CAN'T negotiate this fee. how to negotiate car deals. - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                                When I bought my last truck I walked out like I was looking around. Already knew what truck I was after. Salesman came out and I told him what I thought was fair. Without stating his intentions, he walked me back to my current truck and told me to have a nice day. When he was walking back inside I thought, "****, that was a pretty smooth move Mr. Salesman."
                                WOW, Lol I would have been speechless. I know there isn't much wiggle room on trucks these days, and they know they will get it from someone willing to pay sticker because they are afraid to negotiate.

Comment

Working...
                                X