Crabbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crabbing

This has been the best year so far. We've kept 209 since the beginning of May. We have 5 traps and get 8-15 each trip. We eat some and froze some and gave the rest to family and neighbors. Any one else doing good on crabs? BTW, this is in Surfside.

Nice catching!

Post up some pictures of dinner sometime.

Comment

They all good crabs? Once the heat is on I've found alot with black spot disease.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
        They all good crabs? Once the heat is on I've found alot with black spot disease.
        No black spot yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
          ?????? What’s that

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Nice catching!

Post up some pictures of dinner sometime.
            Good idea. Just finished my wife's first attempt at crab cakes. They were very good. I'll take pics and post them next time. Take care.

Comment

I haven’t done it in a pretty good while. We caught around 50 off our pier one day last year. That’s the last time I’ve tried.

Comment

50? Wow, that's awesome!

Comment

Hey, I just googled 'crab black spots' and found out it's nothing but scars from shedding their shells.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                    Hey, I just googled 'crab black spots' and found out it's nothing but scars from shedding their shells.

Comment

Doug and I go and fish for flounder and crab. Usually catch about 2 dozen and kinda stop there. Went with kid and Doug and we had about 35 in about two hours. It was so fast I couldn’t sit down and drink a beer

Comment

Where in surf side is a good place to crab with kids. No traps, just lines with chicken necks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In for more info. Headed to west end of Galveston in a few weeks and would love to catch some crabs for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                            Yuk. But Thanx for the info. I have never seen any of those and it says they occur in the east like Chesapeake bay.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                              In for more info. Headed to west end of Galveston in a few weeks and would love to catch some crabs for dinner

Are you asking how to catch crabs?

Comment

Working...
                              X